Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing vz sunglass holder / map light into vy exec?

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
hey im sorry if this has been covered but cant find it aywhere,

does anyone know if or how easy it is to install the sunglass holder into a vy exec? im not too worried about wiring in the lights just yet but want to sunglass holder, the lights can be done later,

is it just a few holes you screw and go? or is it a new roof lining? :|

any help would be great, thanks heaps,

cheers

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
I've done it to mine, wasn't too difficult but time consuming... The roof lining has to come off and this isn't as easy as i thought, you'll need to make a template of the area that has to be cut from the lining and you will need the correct size screws if the lights didn't come with them already. I went to holden and got a wiring diagram however, the easiest way is to follow the link above in regards to wiring or it will involve a whole lot more work...

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
thanks heaps, so it will have to be cut out not just screwed through the lining, damn thought it would be a quick one, its a good idea though cause the interior light is soo far back you cant see ****.

thanks guys

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
I have done mine but i did not take the roof lining off i just made a template that fitted the hump in the lining then cut the hole in the template for the light then cut the hole in the roof lining about 1 cm smaller than the template and just trimmed it until the the light fitted and lined up with the holes,it did not take long at all
Hope this helps.............
ps when you choose the screws make sure they are short enough as not to poke through the roof.