Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Wireless Reverse Camera.

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a gps unit which comes with a wireless reverse camera.
I need help installing the camera.
The unit is here:
7" GPS HD CAR NAVIGATION+WIRELESS REVERSE CAMERA+8GB | eBay

I live in maidstone and would really be thankful if someone could guide me through installing it, I can do it myself just need help from someone who is experienced.
I'am happy to come down to your place or vice-versa just to make sure I'am doing the right thing.

The car I have is a Holden Berlina VE.

Appreciate all the replies.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Take it to an auto electrician? I'm no good with these things Lol.

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
what part are you having trouble with? the listing has instructions.

. Just unscrew your number plate
2. Align the holes of the wireless camera to the existing number plate holes
3. Using the original number plate screws, screw fix camera on the top bit of the number plate
4. Wire the power cable of the wireless camera to the nearest reverse light, it is where the reverse camera and the built-in wireless transimtter gets the power from. Wiring is simple, RED to RED, BLACK TO BLACK.
5. Let's move to the driver seat: Connect the wireless receiver to the GPS (AV cable and power cable) on one end and the car charger on the other end.
6. The GPS will automatically switch to reversing screen when your car is in "R" gear
7. How does it work?
When a car is in "R" reversing gear, the two little bright reverse lights at the back of the car are ON. The wireless transmitter and the reverse camera immediately receives power and start transmitting camera signal to the air. The wireless receiver which hook up the GPS and car charger pick up the signal. It tells the GPS to switch automatically to GPS's AV channel: reversing screen in this case.

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
See it sometimes helps if you read the instructions if they are that simple.

I would not have been able to help you but those instructions seem fairly easy to follow if they were in front if you

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
hey mate ive done the exact same unit on my mate skyline, whawe did is we spliced into the reverse light wires in the tail light and hooked it up :) easy to do, get a multimeter and find out which wires ar the reverse light wires or get a spare light bulp and play around with the harness untill yoou find the right wires :) then just solder it in and heat shrink :)

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a gps unit which comes with a wireless reverse camera.
I need help installing the camera.
The unit is here:
7" GPS HD CAR NAVIGATION+WIRELESS REVERSE CAMERA+8GB | eBay

I live in maidstone and would really be thankful if someone could guide me through installing it, I can do it myself just need help from someone who is experienced.
I'am happy to come down to your place or vice-versa just to make sure I'am doing the right thing.

The car I have is a Holden Berlina VE.

Appreciate all the replies.

hey i also have a ve berlina and i found these pictures on a facebook profile i wanted to the this unit of ebay as well but i want it built in to my car like the picture below

223085_207939449254831_100001163319479_571240_5365468_n.jpg284653_207939542588155_100001163319479_571242_7675938_n.jpg284938_207939489254827_100001163319479_571241_747138_n.jpg

kunalraiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
hey mate ive done the exact same unit on my mate skyline, whawe did is we spliced into the reverse light wires in the tail light and hooked it up :) easy to do, get a multimeter and find out which wires ar the reverse light wires or get a spare light bulp and play around with the harness untill yoou find the right wires :) then just solder it in and heat shrink :)
Ohhh Cool, when you say play around with the harness what do you exactly mean?
what part are you having trouble with? the listing has instructions.

. Just unscrew your number plate
2. Align the holes of the wireless camera to the existing number plate holes
3. Using the original number plate screws, screw fix camera on the top bit of the number plate
4. Wire the power cable of the wireless camera to the nearest reverse light, it is where the reverse camera and the built-in wireless transimtter gets the power from. Wiring is simple, RED to RED, BLACK TO BLACK.
5. Let's move to the driver seat: Connect the wireless receiver to the GPS (AV cable and power cable) on one end and the car charger on the other end.
6. The GPS will automatically switch to reversing screen when your car is in "R" gear
7. How does it work?
When a car is in "R" reversing gear, the two little bright reverse lights at the back of the car are ON. The wireless transmitter and the reverse camera immediately receives power and start transmitting camera signal to the air. The wireless receiver which hook up the GPS and car charger pick up the signal. It tells the GPS to switch automatically to GPS's AV channel: reversing screen in this case.

I read the instructions, all I need to know is which cable is the reverse light?, can someone take a picture of their car and highlight the wires I need to cut, can this be done witheout cutting the wires?

Thanks again for all the help.