Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Instrument cluster LCD Display

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
today i was looking at the Cluster LCD, It is All crystalized, Was wondering that if i changed the Front and Back polarizers of it Will it become normal or Not , let me know if this trick will work or not

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
crystalized as in the segments are leaking or all going black when not powered up ? if so screen is gone needs to be replaced

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
crystalized as in the segments are leaking or all going black when not powered up ? if so screen is gone needs to be replaced
The screen Looks like It’s popping out , Like the front polarizer is popping here’s a photo of it,
080703BD-6633-4A79-B58C-638B683F63B9.jpeg

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
could just be the coating on the outside has had too much direct sunlight ive seen some dislodge and curl up, can be best to replace the display

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
could just be the coating on the outside has had too much direct sunlight ive seen some dislodge and curl up, can be best to replace the display
Yup my Car is all Black And it was sitting at Direct Sun light For like 6 or 7 months All happened because of Sunlight and humidity, i also have to change the Cluster Later because of electrical Issues in it , will give it a shot

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update : So i Dissembled the Cluster and Inspected the display Carefully the Front polarizer was Totally Crumbled up, And checked the display it’s all Blacked out, so it is Completely dead?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea if display is black its dead prob all the segments leaking within