Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Instrument Cluster Lights

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I am personalising my Instrument Cluster and currently am waiting to recieve my custom background. The writing will shine white on the backgorund i have designed instead of green. The thing is the globes in the cluster shine yellowish like a normal light globe. I am after globes which shine true white so i don't get this off white colour.

Attached is a photo of hakhawk's custom design just to show the colour the numbers are with the stock globes.

Where can i buy these different colour globes? I went to autobarn and they only had ones which are like the original. I may experiment with other colours too. But i am after true white globes for it (if they exist).

Today i may head down to another local Autobarn and even try SuperCheap but im still after your help!

Attachments

• Pict0072.jpg
    Pict0072.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 773
C

CustomVS

I would try Super cheap, they are pretty common LEDs, white shouldnt be hard to get hold of.....

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
go back to autobarn and ask to have a look through their NARVA book, i got mine through there, but havent posted a new pic of them yet, they are white, but give a slightly blue glow, as do all white led globes, expect to pay around 15 a pair though, i got mine real cheap coz i work there, but retail is around 15 a pair. they will mots likely have to order them in, but it should be overnight anyway.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
hakhawk said:
go back to autobarn and ask to have a look through their NARVA book, i got mine through there, but havent posted a new pic of them yet, they are white, but give a slightly blue glow, as do all white led globes, expect to pay around 15 a pair though, i got mine real cheap coz i work there, but retail is around 15 a pair. they will mots likely have to order them in, but it should be overnight anyway.

Thanks for the info bud, how cheap are you talking for you to get them in? Pictures would be nice, a slight blue glow would look nicer then then stock yellow glow anyway.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
heres a pic, its a little dull, bad lighting conditions, **** camera, and the led globes arent as bright as the original ones, because they only really produce light out the top. but they do do a great job adn light up the whole cluster. you can see how dodgy the shot is, because it doesnt even show the parkers on the shed wall very well.

Attachments

• ledglobes.jpg
    ledglobes.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 606

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
I hope it lights up a bit better then that, the cmaera prob doesnt do it justice. Thats exactly the colour i am after aswell. Can't wait to get my gauge design from hcca. Still at the printers unfortunantly :(

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
well just went to autobarn, they have ordered 2 pairs for me (4 led globes)

Part #47862BL - White LED

$14.99 each

:thumbsup:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
only 4 which light up the whole cluster, then there is individual globes for the engine light etc etc.

slaben

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
i want a cluster that looks exactly stock, but lights up white instead of green, where do i get one that does this? i realise i would have to get the white globes an mentioned above