Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insulators in ve sv6

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey Steve, in relation to Friday's conversation, the installation of the insulators were a bit of a pain (due to 1st time doing that job), however i learnt from that job and i was quite pleased with the outcome. After letting the silicon dry up for a few hours i started the engine and it looked like it didn't adapt to the new part and the revs were stable at 1000, so i left the car where it was for another 3 hours and then started it up again and the rev range went down to 600 again. The results are not clearly evident yet due to the short amount of time that they have been installed. I'll keep you updated.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Peter,

You'll have to give it some time for the computer to learn. If you want to expedite this process then you can try resetting the computer (assuming no engine lights are on whilst driving). Otherwise glad you got it sorted :)

Cheers,
Steve

Hektic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Ignition Orange
How do i go about reseting the computer i just instaled one of these on my Omega last night , hardest part was cleaning the gasket of, was up till 2AM very pleased with the product ,

thank you

MACE

Reaction score
How do i go about reseting the computer i just instaled one of these on my Omega last night , hardest part was cleaning the gasket of, was up till 2AM very pleased with the product ,

thank you

Ah excellent :D

Probably easiest way to reset the computer would be to keep the battery disconnected for a few minutes

If there is anything else that I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve