Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

insurance claim query

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
Hi there
the other day another car hit mine at some traffic lights. he passed a red light and wrote off my car. he said he had insurance with the RAC so i wont have to pay anything. my question is how much would the insurance company pay out. its a VR manual v6 ute that was in excellent condition. to me i believe i could have sold the ute for at least 7000 but redbook has these car valued at much less. the car did have nices rims and a good sound system, plus a hard cover tono on the back. could i claim these aswell?

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
I dont see why you couldnt claim it, the worst that can happen is they refuse to pay on some aftermarket accessories.

Did you have insurance as well? Only reason I ask is because you can make stuff much more simpler if you get your insurance company to chase it up, (inc aftermarket stuff) you'll get market value for your car I think as well - dosent matter of the condition of the VR either or KM's just its market value. Eg, 1,000km or 400,000km with or without dents or rust = same insurance payout for write offs.