Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance for under 25

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
mate i wouldnt pay wat the car is worth for the insurance. If you good driver you should be ok anyway.But accidents do happen. thats the risk you gotta decide.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
LindasBT1 said:
Yeah i know the feeling:ranting: .I'm 23 and ended up paying just over 2000 (nrma) a year for my car car cause its a v8. ive had pravious cars insured through them and i think thats the only reason they looked at me.

bloody hell thats a lot of dough for insurance.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
S Pack said:
mate i wouldnt pay wat the car is worth for the insurance. If you good driver you should be ok anyway.But accidents do happen. thats the risk you gotta decide.
Remember insurance isn't just for you, it's for everyone else on the road as well. You can be the best driver out there and still have an accident. Even if it is only 3rd party property and your car isn't worth much, insurance is worth having........

When I was under 25, I was paying close to 2k a year for insurance and wrote my car off in a not my fault accident and the car was fully covered plus some more.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Just cars wont do full comp on a VL they said "its too old". So I have 3rd party fire and theft for $600 a year with them and a $1000 excess, they wont cover things like mags, stereos and any other money you've spent on mods but they will still cover you for market value with a long mod list while other companies will not. Shannons will do full comp on a VL with agreed value but they wont touch me until september when I have had my licence back for 2 years. I have been caught doing some stupid stuff so its my own fault, but I'm reformed I promise :)

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
unfortunately for me, i only have 3rd party at $950 a year, the car is insured upto 1000, yet my excess is around the 750 mark, hmmm 200 for a new car.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Bax, try Shannons mate, they may insure you on a basis that you wont exceed x kilomtres in 12 months etc, i've seen some people do it.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I think I'll have to make alot of phone calls in the up and coming months.

Agreed value is going to be interesting, I've got receipts for 15k upwards and its not even finished.

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm going to have some fun days.

large

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II S pack
Well I'm on my green ps and have a v6 and insurance mob wanted to charge me $436 dollars a month lol

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
Well I'm on my green ps and have a v6 and insurance mob wanted to charge me $436 dollars a month lol

who with...im with AAMI and its costing me as near as makes no difference $1000 this coming year, thats insuring a VT exec for about 6G...

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Given the good thread digging by large, I am sure that as the OP would be 26 now, this issue is no longer relevant to him lol.