Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Fire and theft would only cover you in the event your car is stolen or torched. It has no bearing on anyone else who hits you. You have to weigh up what the car is worth and if you could afford to replace it out of your own pocket.

Third party property only covers anyone else or their property that hits you or you hit for damage only.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
vystorm_adel said:
Fire and theft would only cover you in the event your car is stolen or torched. It has no bearing on anyone else who hits you. You have to weigh up what the car is worth and if you could afford to replace it out of your own pocket.

Third party property only covers anyone else or their property that hits you or you hit for damage only.

Third Party Fire and Theft also means if someone hits you as in its not your fault in an accident, you are covered by insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 3rd party fire and theft in my VL, lady ran a stop sign, my VL was written off. I received $3,500 minus the wreck which I chose to keep from my insurane company.

With just property I would have got NOTHING unless the other lady had insurance, which some people do not.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
1991_Vn2nV said:
Third Party Fire and Theft also means if someone hits you as in its not your fault in an accident, you are covered by insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 3rd party fire and theft in my VL, lady ran a stop sign, my VL was written off. I received $3,500 minus the wreck which I chose to keep from my insurane company.

With just property I would have got NOTHING unless the other lady had insurance, which some people do not.
Yup, exactly, you have to weigh up what the amount you will receive if the car is written off though, hence my point. If the car is valued at and worth bugger all, then you get just that back. All this has to be judged on the individuals circumstances. Having said all that, I would never ever be without third party fire and theft as a minimum.

Just a side note: some thrird party property insurance can cover you for a limited amount of damage in a not at fault accident. Best to check with the individual insurance co on the exact details......

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
im 19 full comp on my vn with mods listed and its only $1200 a year through justcar but u have to pay upfront but if your parents r willing just borrow the money off them and pay them back bit by bit if u dont have the ready cash.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
JDZVNHSV said:
im 19 full comp on my vn with mods listed and its only $1200 a year through justcar but u have to pay upfront but if your parents r willing just borrow the money off them and pay them back bit by bit if u dont have the ready cash.

Yeah thats why I went with SGIC. Just Car were cheaper but they wanted an up front payment, SGIC wanted monthly installments which is easier for me via bank deposits.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
remeber though u must also take into acount excesses, mine r heaps expensive if i crash my car so im not planning on having any crashes in the near future:thumbsup: