Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurers are on drugs??? RACV

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Ahh body kits....

Last year my daughter bought a brand new *cough* Diahatsu Sirion. Bog stock. Bottom of the range. Only thing it has going for it is it's red, has air con, and runs on the smell of an oily rag.
She got her first insurance when she bought it...$2100!!!!! She then noticed that that figure was for the "sports" model Sirion ( :rofl: ) which comes with a small front lip spoiler, little thing on the tailgate I think, and small mag wheels, no other engine mods or anything, purely an appearance package...wow...

Her model only cost $1200 to insure (young driver, first policy, rating 5, you know the drill) and we couldn't help but be amazed at the amount a couple of pieces of tacky plastic and a set of cheap unattractive mags which no-one in thier right minds would steal increases your insurance!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Super Snake said:
I rang around, and found that AAMI gave me the cheapest quote for my Monaro....$1060 a year. Some were quoting $2800 and some just would not insure it !
How old are you? If your under 30 and own any LS1 i would LOVE to know how you got insured by AAMI, if infact you were insured by them

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
minux said:
How old are you? If your under 30 and own any LS1 i would LOVE to know how you got insured by AAMI, if infact you were insured by them
Birthday:
July 30, 1966

That makes sense...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
shounak said:
Birthday:
July 30, 1966

That makes sense...

Indeed it would :p

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
Try getting insurance for a car, [stock body] with a supercharged, non standard engine. The friendly Suncorp rep had too check with her boss, came back and almost told me too F*** off. The rest weren't much better. Shannons would only insure it if it was chained up in garage every night. [No parking on the street, shopping centres etc]

The only mob who would touch it was Just Cars and they don't have a great reputation.