Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insuring Ve Ss

WannabRacer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Best insurance for an L plater in low k ve ss (not from lack of experience just poor choices in a past life). Who’s most lenient on mods I may get in future, especially as an L plater. The price isn’t too much an issue as a FIFO worker, but who doesn’t like saving a few bucks. I’ve also been advised about having it insured as a non daily driver due to being away so often. Never bothered with insurance so the more I learn the better :)

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Ring an insurance broker and you might be surprised or shocked.
Or ring around and get quotes as they are going to ask you some uncomfortable questions about your past.
If you lie and have an accident they will not pay out so you need to be honest about your past or run the risk.
Some may even choose not to insure you so nobody really knows who might be the best for you.
I pay $600 for the full year for comprehensive and I have been driving for over 50 years.
My youngest with a P2 and no offences against his name and using our insurance is just over $1200 so I imagine yours will be even more.

Reactions: mtd

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm with Shannons and insured for, $28k. I have mods and upgrades, which is why I got $28k agreed.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
I'm with UOFB. Do NOT lie. Insurance is just bloody expensive when you're on plates.
Yes, definitely tell them the vehicle in not a daily drive if that's actually what it is. It can lower the premium.