Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

intake manifold

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
does anyone have or know where i can find a aftermarket intake manifold for a v6 3.8
i dont know where to start looking really can anyone help

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Are you after a carby manifold or injected?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
I don't know for sure what you want it for - im guessing as a performance mod - if so there aren't alot of choices really.
A couple of places make twin throttle body manifolds for the ecotec (c.o.m.e. and mace that i know of) and there's the odd walker manifold, although im not even sure they're still in business. Then there is raptor superchargers who are in the process of designing/making a manifold last time i heard.
If it is for some sort of performance gain, the stock on is actually not too bad really, bit of a port and clean up the runners and they'll flow nicely.

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
I don't know for sure what you want it for - im guessing as a performance mod - if so there aren't alot of choices really.
A couple of places make twin throttle body manifolds for the ecotec (c.o.m.e. and mace that i know of) and there's the odd walker manifold, although im not even sure they're still in business. Then there is raptor superchargers who are in the process of designing/making a manifold last time i heard.
If it is for some sort of performance gain, the stock on is actually not too bad really, bit of a port and clean up the runners and they'll flow nicely.

oh okay ill have a look.
i really was after a perfomance gain but also for looks i think the stock vx intake manifold looks pretty rubbish. And i really want one that has the throttle body as the front like the v8s so i could fit a v8 style cold air intake on to it.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
I don't know of any aftermarket ones made with a forward facing throttle body, although the american version of our engines came like that. It actually looks kind of like our 304 manifold from the VN-VT V8's.
Im pretty sure with some small modification you could fit one to an ecotec, after all they're the same engine essentially. Some gear would probably have to be moved though, like the alternator and maybe coil packs.

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
I don't know of any aftermarket ones made with a forward facing throttle body, although the american version of our engines came like that. It actually looks kind of like our 304 manifold from the VN-VT V8's.
Im pretty sure with some small modification you could fit one to an ecotec, after all they're the same engine essentially. Some gear would probably have to be moved though, like the alternator and maybe coil packs.

yeah im guessing you would have to re-tap the manifold bolts cause americans use imperial, but it would look ace. im guessing it would be very hard to track down one if not impossible

BoostedV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Twin Turbo
hi just seen that ur looking for a modified/after market plenem chamber for your v6 ive built a few now and could probly help.

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
yeah well im definatly intrested, do you mean you forge them or just bore used ones?

dvs18u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
manifolds??

hi just seen that ur looking for a modified/after market plenem chamber for your v6 ive built a few now and could probly help.

im really interest to see what they look like if possible would u be able to send me some pics and prices too

my email is [email protected] cheers