Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Integra?

Z

ZER0

As mentioned in a previous thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=21013 I have landed a new job in which I have been offered a company car, they have given me the option of taking the car (VZ) or taking a generous car allowance… which I would prefer.

Regardless of which choice I make im going to have to sell the commo… this position involves me driving around the city all day every day… and that’s just not economical in a 3.8.

So I have been looking at smaller 4cyl cars that still pack some punch, but are sedate enough to drive round town… so preferably non turbo.

Iv basically decided on a Honda Integra… im looking at a 1997 VTI- R…. which has the VTEC engine.

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or opinions on the matter, and if any one has experience with this model or any model Integra I would love to hear some feedback
Cheers :D

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
mate at work had a recent model integra. and DAMN that thing moved. no mods on it.
butt hugging recaros nice styling "good enough for stock" head unit and speakers. after three years or something of VERY hard driving the guy fried his clutch [ though someone else said he tends to ride it a bit ]

all in all, a little tight for my liking [ im a little wider and taller than your average bloke] but a nice car.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Have you thought of a Mazda 6?
No idea myself but every single review piles on the praise.
Similar pricing I believe, maybe cheaper.

Z

ZER0

thanks for the resposes guys... well i was only looking at spending up to $20g so a new mazda is kinda of the cards... plus i want something pretty small, easy to zip round the city in.

and yeah patrio7 i have noticed the cabin is rather small, but im not overly large so it should be fine. iv heard they go hard as well... the type-r's pull 155kw! thats more than my commo

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
supposeably the type-S had similar specs but minus some bits and peices but with refinements added. something that the type-s handled better than the R [but DONT take my word for it, look into that]

B

Butters

youll find some good integras, for non turbo 4cyls theyre awesome. Im 6 foot 2 and i can ride pretty comfortably in an integra, so i dont know why people are complaining about the cabin size. The back isnt the most comfortable, but if its just for u driving around for work that doesnt matter. Aswell, the windscreens are large, the space in the footwells is nice, the stock seats are comfy. No complaints here. Aswell, i found the motor responsive and powerful for its size.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Buy a VXR them things would be fun :D

oh nm only 20g

Z

ZER0

thanks for that butters... did you find you sit really low in it?