Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Integrated Headers on SIDI

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm a tad confused...so if there are no further gains to be had mafless what would be the point? Well other than to have, let's say, a clevage shaped intake which would be asthetically pleasing?

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
power gains with the current intakes are the same.. you didnt ask about part throttle driveability and fuel economy which is light years ahead...

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
it would be nice to see some one make some custom exhaust for the integrated header engines, like what i mean is a custom stainless or mild steel pipe with added hi flow cats! maybe this would make the performance of a v6 sidi exhaust acutally function correctly, if i end up not converting my v6 ve i was indeed thinking of getting some one local to make me some custom exhaust piples with high flow cats in stainless to match up with the exhaust i have on its way

(id indeed start selling some of these if i make it)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
power gains with the current intakes are the same.. you didnt ask about part throttle driveability and fuel economy which is light years ahead...

Yeah fair enough Dale things can always be improved ...I really was just looking for a reason to reference boobs :)

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Would the integrated headers provide enough flow if some of us were to get bigger cams?

Rourkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Ute
Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm planning on going xforce cat back system when i get home now that i know what i've got to play with. I've had the car for a few weeks now but it was the first i had heard of the integrated headers recently and ive been out at work and unable to have a look myself. Thanks for the photos too mate. Also otr cai and a tune from mace are on the books. Also 3.9s, seeing as i only drive it every four days and fuel efficiency doesn't bother me. I did hear that the integrated headers does increase flow.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My question is, and this may sound silly, but if economy wasn't a problem and you want to modify it anyway for more power, why buy it in the first place? Why not get a V8?

In no way am I turning this into another "get a V8" thread, I am just curious as to the motive behind buying a car that is predominatley aimed at fuel saving, yet you want to modify the bejesus out of it...

I understand the curiosity of seeing what this engine can do, but personally, i would have started with a more powerful engine to begin with and spent less for more gain.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
That's like asking why do people with the AFM SS want to turn the AFM off, that's aimed at fuel economy. The SIDI v6 has plenty of power to start with.