Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interior commodore series 2 sv6 2017

jaybe

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore VF series 2, 2016 sv6
Good everning/ mrning;
Thanks for your time , Iam in process of buying a 2017 commodore sedan SV6 , series2, looks and drives well with 78000 ks, full logs;; am wondering if anyone has come across a model as this as it has a sort of black pleated padding on passenger side of dash and similar on the door panel inserts, haven`t come across this style before in any I have looked at, wondering if it was a special model done or a extra you could order.
Thanks for any feedback on this.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Standard fake carbon fibre looking vinyl :)

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Good everning/ mrning;
Thanks for your time , Iam in process of buying a 2017 commodore sedan SV6 , series2, looks and drives well with 78000 ks, full logs;; am wondering if anyone has come across a model as this as it has a sort of black pleated padding on passenger side of dash and similar on the door panel inserts, haven`t come across this style before in any I have looked at, wondering if it was a special model done or a extra you could order.

Do you have any pictures?

All VF SV6's I believe had the same interior dash/doorcard materials

SV6 - White stitching with vinyl trim (Series 1 and 2)
SV6 Lightning - White Stitching with vinyl trim (Series 1)
SV6 Storm - Red stitching with vinyl trim, "Storm" Embroidered on the main dash piece (Series 1)
SV6 Black Edition - Red stitching with vinyl trim (Series 2)
SV6 Reserve Edition - GMH Employee model only, White stitching with vinyl interior, "Reserve" Embroidered on the main dash piece

All Series 2 SV6's use the suede and "Sportec" seats, which is just vinyl, not leather like so many people call it. Funnily enough, from what I see these seats are much harder wearing than the leather options

For Series 1, there was a leather seat option (But it was quite rare, and not the same leather design as used in the Calais and Redlines) and didnt extended to the door cards I think

There was however the Evoke International, which was a Series 1 only special and did put a Calais style leather interior into an Evoke. But again the style and seats themselves are different. The leather like material did also extend to the dash and door cards too

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think the trim leather-vinyl is kinda/sorta leather, in that it’s some sort of plasticised modification to an animal-sourced material … and the same is true regardless of trim-level.

It’s certainly not fine Corinthian leather … in any Commodore/Calais.

If the trim treatment in the original post differs from other MY17 SV6’s, it’s probably because a previous owner wanted something different, or a repair was needed & this was the alternative to getting some OEM trim. It’s not an option offered by Holden.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Good everning/ mrning;
Sounds like standard fare from your description. The standard 2017 SV6 is basically the 2016 VF2 SV6 black
edition…including rims but without the black edition badging of course.

Last edited:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Sounds like standard fare from your description. The standard 2017 SV6 is basically the 2016 VF2 SV6 black
edition…including rims but without the black edition badging of course.
The MY17 SV6 also have HUD as well...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Standard fake carbon fibre looking vinyl
Like this, my '16 VF2 SV6 Ute

20211015_231025.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
*nearly ... resists ... urge ... to ... comment ... on ... roof ... lining ... colour ... ... but ... fails*
:p:p:p

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
*nearly ... resists ... urge ... to ... comment ... on ... roof ... lining ... colour ... ... but ... fails*
:p:p:p
Other than the SV6 Ute was a nice car at the right price when I bought it 2020, if I start fiddling with it too much, it'll end up another toy instead of the daily driver it's supposed to be but I'll tell you what!

Every time I get in my SSVR Ute with the black roof lining, the awesomeness of it remains a novelty when I'm used seeing a cream roof lining each day!

Having said, I went black on our old FG Falcon shopping trolley when the cream roof lining detached and fell in the back seat last summer!

20220116_165458 (2).jpg