Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Illumination

Crossy_014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
I have searched but cant find anything

are the illumination for like the demister and air-con green because of a green globe or green backing? because i want to change them to blue

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i thought the demister was orange ? but yes you can change the colours, they are just mini globes with coloured plastic covers. The hardest part is taking the dash fascia panel off without cracking it to get to the switches.

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
if your good at soldering, you can use LED's like me, easier to replace and buy.

you just have to add resisters to the brown wires, i wasted a couple leds before i realized that there was too much current going thought them, oh well.

and use 3 mm ones, if you use 5mm, you have to trim them abit

KyleBrown92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim 1996
i have seen these little rubber things, like condoms but for lightbulbs, im not sure how small you can get them, ive never really looked but i have only ever seen them as small as say for your parkers.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
i have seen these little rubber things, like condoms but for lightbulbs, im not sure how small you can get them, ive never really looked but i have only ever seen them as small as say for your parkers.

there a waste of money full stop. done do jack all colour wise, go buy a pack of blue ones and compare them against LED's. the LEDs out-colour and out-brighten the condom thingos

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6

i have proof to these being useless also because i tried it... was ment to change the color to a dark blue, turned it into more of a darker white (if thats possible). not what i wanted but hey i paid 2 bucks

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
depends if you have climate control or exec switches.

Depends on which thing you want to change it either has a standard bulb with a green condom over it or a layer of green on the back of the peice which requires light sanding to remove and if u sand to much it obviously goes through and removes the black and writing.

Your better off buying a replacement piece for it.

i got my Cluster face off this guy and it works well and he makes the shifter panel and aircon faces for exec fan stuff and he does custom work, you just need to ask him what you want, i got black cluster face with blue dials and a shifter panel that lights up blue with standard bulbs behind it.

so don't be put off by the fact that most of it is white in the pictures.

Its only bout $25 for an exec aircon panel.

eBay Seller: speed graphics: Cars, Bikes, Boats items on eBay Australia

If you have climate control then you need to remove a green sheet of film from under the screen and you need to be really careful, mine came out easy but 88greenvn broke 2 climate control screens trying to get it out, then soldur 1-5 leds to light the screen up.

KyleBrown92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim 1996
My old man used the little condom things on his truck. It changed the colour to the green he wanted (to match speedo lighting etc) but yeah it looked good when he left, come home for a feed the next night, i went and reversed it out for him and i can only describe the colour as Blreen- ish. yeah they are cheep(Y) Dont last long(N) and too much rooting around to keep replacing(N) also they cant take the heat