Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interior light has "ford" cast into it

nugatory

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1 Station Wagon
Not all of the VN Calais light covers have FORD in them - just some.

I installed a Calais light recently over the normal boring one and it had Ford and GMH stamped into the same part - the base plate that mounts into the room. I might scan it later if I get a chance.

80PPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Equipe [80PPN]
Mine has ford on it too... 90% of them do ;)

Also a tip... if you have a led interior light bulb, grab a clear (not frosted) cover of a BA falcon ;) cheaper than the ones on ebay :p

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
I think you'll find that Holdens plastic plant manufactured these lights and from memeory i believe they may have pressed body panels for the EA-D series falcons in the plant 4 press shop.

Like when Ford were stamping panels for the VT/VX.

Doesn't really matter as most parts are built by suppliers to the specs (well you'd hope) of GM or Ford.

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
well there ya go, learn somthin new bout ya car everyday.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
I dont really see what the problem is though, would a VL owner seeking a replacement donk for his car turn up his nose at a Skyline RB30 just coz it has Nissan on the rocker and not Holden?

I dont have a problem with it either. Its only the interior light and the ford stamp is out of view. But im not really a 'i would rather push a holden than drive a ford' sort of person.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Goes back a lot further than VN-VP Commodores...

We had a VK Calais, and at the same time, a friend of ours had an XF Fairmont Ghia. They had identical interior lights (main light with two small reading lamps), identical glovebox catches, and a few other parts we found when we really looked around our cars.

Good ole' badge engineering...been going on for ages...same part, chuck it in the appropriately branded box...

nugatory

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1 Station Wagon
I drove an EA Falcon the other day and the headlight switch is the same out of a VS Exec, and the one in a NA Fairlane is the same as a VS Berlina too.