Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Light Not Working!!

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
chech the cigar socket doesnt have any metal in it so many time i see this problem where the ring of mobile phone charger falls off and shorts out the pins causing the fuses to blow

cig socket it on a different fuse to interior illum, unless they changed that...

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
on some cars it will blow
the more he checks the more chance of finding his problem

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
on some cars it will blow
the more he checks the more chance of finding his problem

yeah, but start off small...he didn't even know how to find the fuses, a man must crawl before he can walk :thumbsup:

but yes, would've been my next bit of advice, to check all if the int one is fine

nilprapai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
Thanks guys,, found the fuse blown, changed it and the interior light work but.. never turn off! even turn the light switch on and off, close the door.. the light stay on forever!! NOW WHAT???

Thanks in advance

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
not a ex cop car is it??

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Stupid question but is the interior light switch in the "on" mode? It is the little switch that is to the left of the headlight switch. Just move it up and down.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
As seraphic06 said, make sure the switch isnt on. Has caught out guys before. Otherwise there is going to be a short somewhere, which may be why the fuse blew in the first place.

nilprapai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
Stupid question but is the interior light switch in the "on" mode? It is the little switch that is to the left of the headlight switch. Just move it up and down.

As mentioned before,, i turned the interior light swith on and off,, it not working !!

nilprapai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
As seraphic06 said, make sure the switch isnt on. Has caught out guys before. Otherwise there is going to be a short somewhere, which may be why the fuse blew in the first place.

I don't think there are any short circuit... as if i keep the light in the position,, it's still on all time,, just can't not turn it off

Cheers