Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior lights won't turn off, doors won't lock

Rawrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais 3.8
Hey guys, I've had a problem where my interior lights will stay on past the timer, but they will turn off when put in drive (with lock doors in drive option on), and they will turn off when you lock the car. Basically they were somehow linked to the doors being locked or unlocked. They would turn off when the car shuts down after an hour (battery saver mode or whatever).

Now they will stay on regardless of what I do, and because they are somehow linked to the door locks, my doors won't lock either.

I'm thinking it's a sticking relay or something, maybe in the BCM but I just want to be sure before I pull the BCM out that a relay is what I'm looking for.

I'm not an auto sparky by any means but I do know my way around electronics (somewhat), and am quite confident with a soldering iron, and with taking expensive modules to bits

Anyone else had this problem or know how these lights work and can help me pinpoint the problem? Cheers

P.S. The switch doesn't do anything either. The on position will click a relay somewhere and works as normal, but when in the door or off position, the lights dim slightly but won't turn off. They also tend to flicker a bit. It's weird.

Rawrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais 3.8
Little bit more info. The lights do turn off when locked with the key, but lights will not turn off in drive. I'm just gonna pull the relay while driving and put it back when I lock the car so the alarm doesn't complain for now, and I'll pull the BCM and play with the relays tonight.

Blu383

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Vt supercharged 383 stroker
Having similar issue with mine, interior lights won't turn off at all no matter what you do (so I've pulled the fuse out for now)
Did you find a solution for the problem? Cheers mate

davemoni

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Could be problem with one of your door switches for the interior light as they probably also work in with the door locks. Usually switch to earth so one of them could be earthing out or problem with wiring behind switch.