Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Neons

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
wats with all this soldering? YOU DO NOT NEED TO SOLDER TO INSTALL NEONS! All you need to do is wrap the wire around the other piece, simple as that then wrap tape over the top.

Norit's right mate, if soldering wasn't nessacary, then why would they do it in the first place. Would you go out and buy and new car that had it's entire electrical system twitched together and wrapped in sticky tape??? Well i certainly woudn't!!!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'm looking at getting a set of blue neons to stick near under the dash to light up the pedals/my feet on both drivers and front passenger side..

Blue Neons

Where do I connect them to/power source? how can you turn them on and off? i.e. only turning them on at night? or does it not matter?

Simplest way for you to do it, if you pull your hoodlinig down (carefully, undo all the retainers properly!!) you'll find the wiring going to your roof light, you can disconnect it, and pull it out, this way you will have plenty of wire to work with and you'll be able to do it outside the car, never solder inside the car if it can be avoided. You can go to Jay Car, Dick Smith whatever, and get yourself a 1-2-3 way ect circut splitter, and basically you solder your existing wires into it, along with your new wires which will go to the neons. Whatever you do , do not TWITCH THEM AND WRAP THEM IN TAPE!!!

Goose!!!

Goose!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 97 acclaim,manual,lsd, Cosmic purple pearl.
wats with all this soldering? YOU DO NOT NEED TO SOLDER TO INSTALL NEONS! All you need to do is wrap the wire around the other piece, simple as that then wrap tape over the top.

Dodgy........