Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior swap?

wayno55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 wagon
some more,................yeah i know the wheel is crap, i just thought rego is more important than a new racing wheel

Attachments

• New Dash LH.jpg
    New Dash LH.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 164
  • New Dash RH.jpg
    New Dash RH.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 208

hemipoweredvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais, vn waggon
nathans1987 said:
na i already have a vs cluster in my vn i want to put the whole dash and trim in. and i was looking thro the net to find out if it would fit and someone has already done it which is good it means it can be done.

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hemipoweredvk/vn+project/

now i'm hopeing that not much modification is needed but from what i can see the mounting brackets are the same or at least similar but all the electrics will likley need rewiring but i know nothing for sure yet.

thats mine lol, its not a straight forward swap as i thought as even the steering wheel for the vs wont sit right without customising the rack.

then theres all the differences in the electrics. i made it easier by running a full vr loom with all the factory switches and bcm, so i have all the factory goodies of a vr calais but in a vn wagon.
if u wanna ask me direct questions u can email me @ hz308ute(at)westnet(dot)com(dot)au also my whole wagon is for sale complete or wreck. its in the sale section.

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
thanks for you help. would it be possible for me to change over the bcm etc. if i did that would i have to use vr/vs lights wipers demister? if not do the vn electronics just plug into it eg lights wipers demister.
also does the heater unit of a vr/vs fit in without modification?(as i need a new one anyway)

what modification does the wheel neet to go on?

when i thought of this it was just meant to be a quick fix for the bad trim my car has(and 90% of other vn/vps). haha! but i still want to do it if i can get the trim cheap.

hemipoweredvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais, vn waggon
to to it properly as i did and have everything wired up, set up and working it took me about 4 weeks spending 4-5 ours a day on it for the first 2 weeks then a few hours after work.
thing i found out with different holden models is that nothing is compatible with out modification lol. i started off using the vn loom but the troubl of rewireing all the switches, was easier to just upgrade all the wiring to vr as i needed a new motor so i upgraded to a vr motor and box :)
either way u go it going to need some mods. the vr heater box will bolt straight in :) no mods needed.
depends what u wanna do if u want all the goodies from the vr with central locking, keyless entry, auto headlights, and plug'n'pay power pack, then i'd recommend uprading the wiring loom to the vr while u have the dash out already, or just buy all the stuff need from me lol. i made my steering rack from a vs top and vn bottom, then every thing fits and i have tilt'n'reach :) as the actual housing where everything bolts to behing the wheel is different and the vr\s stuff wont fit and if ya use vn with the vs wheel it wont cover the back of the wheel and will look poxy.

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
i am doing it cheap so i wont bother(altho if i end up getting a wreck from the auctions then i might) with power windows central locking etc. but i dont mind changing over the whole bcm and wiring harness, how much will i have to cahnge if i do what can i keep? will i have to use the light harnes from a vr/vs etc.

hemipoweredvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais, vn waggon
u need the whole body loom from the dash and it wraps around the engine bay. u will need door looms, and just change plug ends to use the vn rear loom