Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Trim Parts

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Hey guys,

I tried searching everywhere but I couldn't find a thread on this so I'll start one.

Since I've had the car there has been to scratches (dealer did it) on the chrome bits on the outside of the carbon fibre surround. The things that curve upwards towards the air con.

I like the chrome so I wouldn't want to paint it. Can someone point me in a direction where I could buy it. Also how do I remove it. This isn't my car in the pic but mine is like brand new inside besides these two things so for me it stands out and annoys the hell out of me.

I also need the chrome around the cup holders to be replaced.
cd5561232414836873966.jpg

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Grab the chrome strip from the top side and pull towards back of car (towards you). The top should pop off first. There are 3 clips behind the Chrome plastic.
eBay have the pieces for sale.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
try these guys or ebay https://jhp.com.au/

Holden left the chrome trim under my passenger front door covered with swirl marks when they were addressing an issue with that door a few weeks after delivery. They replaced it no questions asked when I pointed it out to the service manager that owned my case.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Thanks guys.

JHP.com doesn't have any and eBay has used ones that are probably in worse condition than mine lol. Might have to go to a dealership unfortunately.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
BTW did you know there is a key holder inside the centre console? Keeps you sharp keys away from your shiny chome bits :)

Last edited:

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
BTW did you know there is a key holder inside the centre console? Keeps you sharp keys away from your shiny home bits :)

lol yep I always use it.

I grabbed my Calais with just under 5k on the clock so there was always going to be a couple tiny marks that drive me nuts. Basically the centre console trim and cup holder have some minor marks and thats about it. I'm too fussy so it bothers me :)

thanks @panhead I just msgd him

Komet163

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Message Fab at OPG (Original Parts Group) and ask him for a price on a chrome set as he usually can supply the parts a little cheaper than the Dealer Spare Parts.

If he doesn’t have stock he’ll get it for you.

His email:

[email protected]

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-HOLDEN-CENTRE-CONSOLE-TRIM-GLOSS-BLACK-VF-VF2-SS-SSV-CALAIS-STORM-THUNDE/172078376522?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=20161027085944&meid=abb68bc7b2f14581ae60750cffdba65c&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=3&sd=351880364484

Old thread I know but I'm looking at replacing the chrome trim around the infotainment screen with a gloss black unit. Not a fan of the chrome.
I see OPG sell these black units. Has anyone had any first hand experience with these and are they a quality unit worth buying?
Thanks.

DrewPeacock76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF II SSV Redline
Hey guys,

I tried searching everywhere but I couldn't find a thread on this so I'll start one.

Since I've had the car there has been to scratches (dealer did it) on the chrome bits on the outside of the carbon fibre surround. The things that curve upwards towards the air con.

I like the chrome so I wouldn't want to paint it. Can someone point me in a direction where I could buy it. Also how do I remove it. This isn't my car in the pic but mine is like brand new inside besides these two things so for me it stands out and annoys the hell out of me.

I also need the chrome around the cup holders to be replaced.
cd5561232414836873966.jpg

You could try Cubic Pacific in South Oz. They used to do all the decorative interiors for the VE and VF's. They may have stock they will be willing to offload or they will tell you to go to a dealer. Just steer clear of their production manager!!!!