Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interior

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
hey guys
i was thinkin about sprayin my dash n door trims, wuts the best paint to use to get it lookin real nice?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
vht vinyl spray is what I used on mine.

What colour were you thinking about spraying it.
You should think long and hard about it... As I did mine black and I regret the decision entirely.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
thanx bextor.....so thats probly da best stuff 2 use?
yeh im thinking about white....i know thats gona get hell dirty, but i recon itd look alright. Well my interior is just the stock blue so maybe just another type of blue.....im not sure yet ill just have 2 look at wuts availible.

cheers...

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
VL-187 said:
thanx bextor.....so thats probly da best stuff 2 use?
yeh im thinking about white....i know thats gona get hell dirty, but i recon itd look alright. Well my interior is just the stock blue so maybe just another type of blue.....im not sure yet ill just have 2 look at wuts availible.

cheers...

:unsure: White? I dunno, man. Could look really bad, especially after a few months. What colour is the extrior?

Don't forget, Holden offered a few different colour interiors on VL. Personally, I love the blue one. You could probably pick up the lot from a wrecker pretty cheaply and get a much better result than painting anyway.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
yeh...actually the more i think about it, the more white duznt seem 2 b such a good idea..... yeah my interior is that blue colour, but the dash is all scratched and looks ugly. Can u just get a paint that will match that blue to re-spray the dash in?

and also do the rear calais seats come in that same blue colour? coz i want the seats with the head rests. Anyone know how much they go for?

thanx.....

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
oh yeh and the exterior is silver......

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well with the exterior being silver you've certainly got alot of options.

Interior colours being Grey/ Blue/ Maroon/ and theres a Greenish Colour too isn't there?
Along with the beige.

So you've got some choice, Don't go quite.. Glare factors there aswell as it looking a touch tacky. And yes you should be able to get paint made up to match.

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
you can get an arcrylic paint from a auto paint shop......all you need is some flexi prime and a spray gun......that's how i painted my interior to get rid of all the scratches and imperfections.....

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
hmmm.... whats wrong with painting the inerior dash componets and door tims silver? beige would also look good but that all comes down to the upkeep of the car and the cleanlyness of your hands when you drive the car.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Silvers a bit tackier then white don't you think?

Looking like your getting in a space ship from the 80's..