Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

intermittent miss at idle help

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
hi i have a vt v6 laterly i have been geting a miss at idle like its trying to die only when warm have changed leads plugs a dead coil pack fuel filter. any ideas what it could be??? this car is really starting to get to me i dont know what else it could be and i dont have much money to take it any where

pill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Misfiring or rough running at idle can be an oxygen sensor. If you have a mechanic friend, get them to whack your car into one of those little computer things they have, and they can check all the sensors throughout the engine.

If it's not your leads, plugs or coil pack then it probably isn't the ignition system, it must be in the computer controller/ the timing. You need the computer analysis to check that out.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
go to holden and get a diagnostics test i think theyre around 90 dollars, this will be able to help diagnose your problems, it will tell you in codes whats wrong......

pickletime

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Turd
or you can do it yourself by connecting the last two pins on the top line of the diagnostic plug under your steering wheel, it will flash the codes up on the dash using the engine check light. Download the workshop manual if you need more info, its all explained there.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
oxy sensors were also done no codes are there i was thinking fuel pump or pressure reg???

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
yeah fuel pump and filter it might be full of junk it might be advisable to replace your filter or if that doesnt work you might have sticky lifters that is causing your valves to not open and shut properly therefore causing the problems,
if changing the fuel pump doesnt work, then simply change your oil while you add oil get some Nulon Lifter Free from sprint auto parts or autobarn somewhere like that (you can check your local big w or kmart they might have it ) and add it while you do the oil change