Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introduction

LETZRIDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Camaro
New over here from Canada. I don't normally do an introduction thread, so excuse me if this sucks lol.

Don't have a commodore either, but I got your american 3800 counterpart with an ecotec holden intake manifold waiting to go on. I joined up mainly because I am looking for information and possibly parts off of the holden motors.

I've actually been trying to construct an ITB (6 throttle body) setup off based off of your lower intake manifold for a bit of time now (on and off of course) but have come to the conclusion it's a damn tunning nightmare without going to a stand alone.

so I guess I have some questions for you guys...what do you guys do for tunning? I've been trying to read up on custom manifolds you guys have made and I think only C.O.M.E racing and Mace have manifolds made up for you guys? how are those working out?

I think all our parts are interchangeable between our motors, but it's damn hard to find info on the holdens over here. So I kinda would like to compare and gather info from you guys if you don't mind.

As for my car/mods here's what I got so far (that matters):

1996 3800 N/A camaro

Engine

230/240 .512/.512 113LSA custom grind cam
1.9 manley intake valves/1.57 manley exhaust valves
full port and polished heads that have been decked .015
9:9:1 Compression ratio

Full bolt ons: electric waterpump, intake, headers, exhaust, etc.

Rear end

ford 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears

Tranny

stock rebuilt tranny with a vette servo

Tunning has all been done by me with Hp tuners.

Car ran a best last year of 13.6 in the 1/4 when I spun the bearing with a smaller cam (210/220 .512/.512 112LSA) and about 15* of timing because of all the KR I was getting. I know she had a lot more in her...havent had a chance to run the new setup, we would like to get 12's out of her N/A...preferrably low 12's