Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Iphone - help me

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Having a wireless router is the easier option for you if as you say your are not overly competant with networking and iPhones etc.

Cheers

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits

Cheers for all the info guys.

I did try the above methods a fair few times but with no luck unfortunately. I have set up the ad-hoc network through the laptop and managed to join the Iphone using the laptop wi-fi. The iphone detects the IP and connects with the laptop but will still not activate the internet for some reason.

At this stage I think the easiest option is getting a wireless router. Am I correct in thinking that I can access the internet if I plug a wireless router in at the end of the current cabled internet connection? Then I could run both laptop and Iphone through Wi-Fi using the wireless router??

My head hurts...

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
if u buy a wireless router..... you can plug a network cable from modem in the WAN port on the back of the wireless router

the wireless router should automaticly then be assigned an ip address range.
you then need to log on to the wireless router and set the wireless properties eg.. wpa password... otherwise the whole street will be enjoying your free high speed internet :)
if you setup your internet on your modem you shouldnt have too many dramas with setting up the router.

finally both your laptop and iphone and ipad and anything else wireless in your house should have no problems connecting

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
I am curious why you dont just simply access the internet on your iPhone though? Curious..but not going to lose sleep on it if you don't want to share that info

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I am curious why you dont just simply access the internet on your iPhone though? Curious..but not going to lose sleep on it if you don't want to share that info

I wondered that too, but figured there must be a good reason not to do the bleeding obvious lol.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits

Cheers for the info guys. The only reason I want to use the internet from the laptop connection is because it is unlimited and already payed for. Using that I can download all the applications etc for free instead of paying through the nose on the iphone.

I know I can download the apps on itunes but you cannot use cydia or installus on the laptop.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You're on a shitty plan if you're "paying through the nose" for mobile internet. I pay bugger all ($129 a month) for unlimited calls/sms/mms + 3Gb mobile data. And no matter how much I use it, I just can't come close to using it all. I think last month I used 1.4Gb or something. And that includes tethering my laptop to it.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
You're on a shitty plan if you're "paying through the nose" for mobile internet. I pay bugger all ($129 a month) for unlimited calls/sms/mms + 3Gb mobile data. And no matter how much I use it, I just can't come close to using it all. I think last month I used 1.4Gb or something. And that includes tethering my laptop to it.

I am not on a plan on the iphone. Work pays for credit and calls on pre paid. Work also pays for the home internet meaning I do not pay a cent... for anything!

Beats paying 129 a month for sure!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Well my work pays too hence I was easily able to convince them that the $129 a month was the best option (considering my bills before I changed to that plan were in excess of $500 a month every month). Why aren't they paying for a plan then? I mean, regardless of who pays, you can still get better value.