Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ipod Connection

rbrash10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi guys just wondering how many people with the standard Blaupunkt headunit have managed to get their ipods connected without using the front aux input.... I have tried that and found it sounds just like Crapola, Just wondering what other people have done. Thanks

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
use an i pod radio transmitter, i find they work fine

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i dont use a ipod but i use the AUX in with me mp3 player and its perfect

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
My ipod goes in the front of the head unit. No dramas for me.I do thread the cable under the plastic cover of the centre console on the driver's side and up into the storage bin from behind - but in a ute, there's no rear passengers to see how messy that is! lol There's a wiring kit you can get so it plugs into the rear aux - apparently you can charge it that way also - but that slots into the too hard/don't care enough basket for me.

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I connect my MP3 player directly into the Front Aux too, and have absolutely no issues. It's a Sony Walkman though, connected using a Belken 3.5 to 3.5mm cable which tucks up under the radio stack in that little space along with the player. The cord is retractable so it never gets tangled or messy. I used a Belken FM transimitter in my old car which did not have an MP3 connection, it was very average in my opinion.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I hooked up an apple Iphone/Ipod cable directly to the rear AUX in. I also hard wired it to 12+ so that it charges aswell.

No wires to be seen and you still have the front AUX in if needed.

For the record the FM transmittors are total rubish. You get better sound quality listening to the music on your Iphone speaker. Dont waste your money.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I use my UHF Scanner, Netbook, Ipod through the 3.5mm stereo Aux input. Works great, however if I have any of these devices charging through the cigarette lighter it causes a whine through the stereo.
I have solved this by getting one of these from Pac-Audio SNI-1 3.5

SNI-1%203.5.jpg

rbrash10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I hooked up an apple Iphone/Ipod cable directly to the rear AUX in. I also hard wired it to 12+ so that it charges aswell.

No wires to be seen and you still have the front AUX in if needed.

For the record the FM transmittors are total rubish. You get better sound quality listening to the music on your Iphone speaker. Dont waste your money.

Hey bud this is the setup im looking for, where did u get this done? and what did you use. Thanks

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
I currently use the front aux port for my Ipod with a very short 3.5 cable.
I did find that to get any decent quality I needed to max the ipod volume and turn off the EQ in the Ipod (very important)
As HoldenSupporter mentioned, if you also have the ipod charger connected you must use a ground loop isolator.

I am waiting on an audio cable for the rear aux input from JHP so as soon at that arrives I will hook my Ipod to that and get rid of the the 3.5 cable.
Will let you know how well that works when its done.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I all have just purchased an iPhone holder with charger/Audio cable. But when I have my iPhone charging from the cigarette lighter I get a whining noise coming through the stereo, but when I disconnect it from the lighter the sound goes away. Is there some sort of earthing device or something to stop the whining noise coming through the stereo?