Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ into S1 Calais V

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Hi guys, sorry if it's been answered before, but I have a question about fitting the s2 IQ unit to an s1.

I have a Calais V with satnav, bluetooth, reverse camera and roof mount DVD player. If I fit the s2 head unit, will these plug and play?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hi guys, sorry if it's been answered before, but I have a question about fitting the s2 IQ unit to an s1.

I have a Calais V with satnav, bluetooth, reverse camera and roof mount DVD player. If I fit the s2 head unit, will these plug and play?
Not quite. You will need the IQ kit specially made to accept the factory reverse camera and roof mount DVD if you want those to continue displaying on the new IQ screen.

Factory Series1 bluetooth module gets removed, as the series2 IQ unit has this inbuilt into it.

Factory Series1 Nav module gets removed (The module in the glove box), as the series2 IQ unit has this inbuilt into it. Do note not all IQs have nav, you have to specifically get one that has nav equipped. Also keep in min, ALL IQs have the nav button, this does not mean it actually has nav :)

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Cheers, thanks for the help.