Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iq upgrade from holden

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
How does Holden know you are the owners. Do you send one of the ownership cards to them that are in the service book?
I purchased my car from a dealer but never receive anything from Holden!

I'm assuming the dealership registered us with Holden. We have had a few letters from them so far. One welcoming us ot the fold, one reminding us the first service is due, one offering us a care package. Get onto your dealer.

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Anyone reckon the sound quality has changed slightly with the update?

I dunno if it's just me, but as I was re doing all my settings, I noticed I could turn the bass up more without hearing any popping. To be fair, I hadn't really had a massive play around to begin with, but I used to have my bass set to -4 while listening to my ipod. Now i've got it on +4 and I can turn the volume up quite a bit.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I'm assuming the dealership registered us with Holden. We have had a few letters from them so far. One welcoming us ot the fold, one reminding us the first service is due, one offering us a care package. Get onto your dealer.
Cheers for the reply. I have just got off the phone with my dealer sales dept and they said because the car was a demo I would have to send in a change of ownership form. How's that for service! BTW, my name is the first in the logbooks.

They also asked me why I was pursuing this registration and I said that there is an apparent iQ system upgradis... he said, is that all, just drop-in and we can organise a time, you don't need to be on the ownership register for that... phuck me, and they wonder why some dealers get bagged!

My iQ is working fine so I'll wait and get it addressed at the same time when I get the dealer to replace my baggy crap front leather seats.

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
Thumpin,
Your dealer needs to wake up to themselves. My SSV was also a demo. They need to plug you into the greater wider Holden community otherwise you might miss out one day. All the best man

JOTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II SV6 Ute
Anyone reckon the sound quality has changed slightly with the update?

I dunno if it's just me, but as I was re doing all my settings, I noticed I could turn the bass up more without hearing any popping. To be fair, I hadn't really had a massive play around to begin with, but I used to have my bass set to -4 while listening to my ipod. Now i've got it on +4 and I can turn the volume up quite a bit.

Got mine done today and yes I have noticed the audio to be improved. The new software has made it so much more responsive as well

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
looking forward to getting mine done now. funnily enough the iq played up again today. i was going to wait for 15k service but wll be doing it earlier now i think.:)

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
My HTC desire HD Android phone seems to play nicer now. Before the update, the phonebook would stop working after a while but since the update, it seems to always be available.

mad-sly-rig

NO LAG, JUST TORQUE
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV REDLINE M6 S2
mine gets done next friday, ive had no problems with mine but least it seems like its a good upgrade anyway !

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Mine is in as we speak, picking her up after work, shoudl be good, interested to see what they come up with next.

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Mine is in as we speak, picking her up after work, shoudl be good, interested to see what they come up with next.

I'd like to see an update that overhauls the sound quality and makes it good :p

The series 1 system sounds heaps better....I'd assume they were using the same speakers, so it comes down to the headunit that makes the difference. I would hope they could work on the software and tweak it to make it sound passable at least. Even if they just rolled off the bass frequency a little earlier, that would do the trick to stop the speakers popping.