Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IRS and wheel problem

Linchpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I've been looking at some 18x8" Advanti Weiser wheels for my VP Calais, and of course the offset due to IRS (so I've been told) makes it difficult to find wheels that will fit.

So I'm wondering is there a way other than using spacers, to make them fit, I've heard using VR/VS hubs being mentioned but nothing detailed about it?

Thanks

B

brock/owna

i have a set of 15 x 7;s roh exports that have been reimported they are 15 yrs old i to was told you need a certain offset for irs but i tried em and they fitted perfectly i have had these mags on a vc brock vb sl vh grp2 vpsrs2 and now colour coded to suite my vq srs2 so dont listen to any one just grab em fit em and check em and lust em

Linchpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Thats a good option then, if I can get a set to try on I'll do that.

Also just heard from a guy who put parts of a VS IRS setup on his VP to allow him to fit 18x8's, so maybe theres another option.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I was recommended to change my hubs too, but my 17s and 18s fit the same on my VP, as they do on my VLs. Same as above, try the wheels, chances are they'll fit without having to mod anything!

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
They may fit but if they do you are changing the size of the width between the wheels (menta block I can't remebeer the proper term) If you get an insurance company tat really wants to void your insurance and they properly check the car down they will see that the track is slightly too wide which is defectable and will void your insurance. Is it really worth it?

Try checking with avanti or whatever themselves they make the wheel in the right offset.

Linchpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
gumbs said:
Try checking with avanti or whatever themselves they make the wheel in the right offset.
I emailed Advanti Australia, but I was told again they wouldn't fit unless I used spacers.

B

brock/owna

my theory is if it dont foul /snag or rub then u should be ok i can get my hand all the way around so clearences are fine for me

Linchpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Well I went ahead and bought a pair of VS IRS setups from a local wreckers and they're pretty much the same except the hubs extend further. So on the weekend I'll have a crack at fitting one of them and hopefully it should work, otherwise I'll just sell them off. :)