Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
I cant see my self being drawn to the NG...but then again ive always been a fan of the Statesman/Caprice models ever since i could remember so not really a fair comment that im not interested in the NG LOL!
Now with them gone i honestly do not know what ill do in the future for the next purchase.....

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
View attachment 196826 View attachment 196827 View attachment 196828 View attachment 196829 View attachment 196830 TV show... Wisdom of the crowd...
the detective Cavanaugh was driving a GM Buick 4 door that had a grille with that little top bit of grille like that Holden 4 cylinder FWD thing they made here.

I thought the car might be a version of Insignia, then I thought I saw some large capital letters written on the front doors.
AVISTA (maybe).

In a carpark, car chase, it did a J-turn so I assumed it must be a rear wheel drive. It seemed roomy enough for two blokes in the front seat, I wonder if it is the 4 door version of the AVISTA car being chatted about in this thread, or the US version of an Insignia

The following message is directed to Niels Loeb :eek: I think the original Insignia looked heaps better.

YIpsum fermentum bibendum nibh hac vel at vehicula tempor condimentum, orci suspendisse egestas leo congue inceptos egestas nunc curabitur orci fusce aliquet tempus vel molestie diam, integer nisl habitant mattis el

Last edited:
M

mwb235

I cant see my self being drawn to the NG...but then again ive always been a fan of the Statesman/Caprice models ever since i could remember so not really a fair comment that im not interested in the NG LOL!
Now with them gone i honestly do not know what ill do in the future for the next purchase.....

All we can do is hope for a comeback - last time it took 6 years (‘84 to ‘90) so on that basis maybe 2024? But sadly it looks unlikely this time.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
All we can do is hope for a comeback - last time it took 6 years (‘84 to ‘90) so on that basis maybe 2024? But sadly it looks unlikely this time.

When did they sell the last Statesman? I didn't hear any announcement about the last built

Did it have all that auto parking stuff like the Commo or did Holden expect buyers to have a chauffeur

M

mwb235

When did they sell the last Statesman? I didn't hear any announcement about the last built

Did it have all that auto parking stuff like the Commo or did Holden expect buyers to have a chauffeur

I assume the last Caprice V would have been in 2017 the same as VF. AFAIK the “Statesman” nameplate was pensioned off at the end of WM/VE series 1 in 2010.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Depends on what you’re willing to consider a valid LWB Holden ... a Cadillac (albeit at Lexus prices) could happen in the not-too-distant future. If they think there are enough people who’d buy one.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Depends on what you’re willing to consider a valid LWB Holden ... a Cadillac (albeit at Lexus prices) could happen in the not-too-distant future. If they think there are enough people who’d buy one.
As long as it has a C,T,S,V in it somewhere.

silverlion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF II SV6 Ute
I find the interior a pretty important aspect of a car as you don't drive from the outside.
A friend is considering this "new" Commodore. Horses for courses but personally I don't know about the interior, for me it seems a bit mish mash and incohesive compared to the VF. Looks like it has dated already. What are your thoughts folks?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I sat in the VXR model (or whatever the top spec sports model is) at the opening of a new Holden dealership in town, and I thought it was quite nice. It reminded me of a BMW interior.
The seats were very supportive and when I mentioned they were a little skinny, I was told that the side bolsters are active, so they can be moved to suit, I don't know if this is true or not, as some info I have been given in the past by Holden salesmen has been completely untrue.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I find the interior a pretty important aspect of a car as you don't drive from the outside.
A friend is considering this "new" Commodore. Horses for courses but personally I don't know about the interior, for me it seems a bit mish mash and incohesive compared to the VF. Looks like it has dated already. What are your thoughts folks?
While I don't necessarily disagree with you ... the fact that anyone has ever called any car's interior less cohesive than a Commodores' is testament to how much effoty they (finally) put into VF! Commodore interiors have traditionally been woeful.

*edit*
No I've just checked the online photos, ZB interior looks pretty reasonable to me. Dunno if it looks a generation newer than VF, but there's nothing which offends me (like VF's perched-atop-the-instruments dash-hat thing or Benz's pokey-uppey cheap-tablet-glued-to-the-dash display panels).