Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is high petrol useage normalon stnd 6.0ltr

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
My brothers 6.0l VE averaging about 30km p/h is getting around the 17l/100km mark.
My VFII 6.2l averaging 38km p/h is getting a solid 14.2l/100km. Close to 500km per tank.

I generally don't bother with traffic light drags and drive like a Nana on the commute as there is just no point otherwise.. I generally don't go over 2000rpm for 90% of the trip each way. I doubt I could possibly get the average any lower than what it is currently with a 50/50 freeway and urban crawl.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Mine is showing Average use 15.4L/100km with 454km on a full tank.
Car is always driven on streets only and never on highways at all hardly I'm guessing thats why my distance to empty is showing so low??

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Consumption is one metric, cost per litre is the other.
View media item 269Makes it less than 10¢ a km, half the emissions.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Gas is cheap here atm at around 58c/L (including 4cpl shopper docket discount). 60L tank so costs ~$35 to fill up which lasts an absolute mimimum of 380km and up to 550km+ for all light footed highway driving. When it was an ecotec, I was able to get better economy again.

Depends where you live though. On a couple of our Queensland trips, the higher price of lpg meant that gas wasn't really worth buying in some places with only ~20cpl difference between petrol and LPG.

Liquid injection's very good - although it's expensive when something goes wrong. Those injectors aren't cheap. Mines just a simple vapour injection system. They're crude, but work very well for what they are. Your power output is severely limited with the vapour system though, at around 180-200kw, but that's easy enough to get around.

The cooling effect of liquid lpg will net you more power again, and since there's actually an lpg pump, you won't have problems with supply at high rpm.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Geebus, monstar ... if I ever found a servo selling E-Flex or E85 I'd be sorely tempted at those prices, regardless of the not-reflashed-ECU range issues!
Is that normal?
I've never seen it for sale, so have no idea.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Geebus, monstar ... if I ever found a servo selling E-Flex or E85 I'd be sorely tempted at those prices, regardless of the not-reflashed-ECU range issues!
Is that normal?
I've never seen it for sale, so have no idea.

Only place I know of in Sydney for E85 is United at Victoria Rd Rydalmere, pretty sure the Caltex on the other side of Victoria Rd used to have it but I've noticed just recently that site is closed, maybe they are refurbing it, also Caltex near me on Gt Western Highway Girraween used to have it, but they dropped it a fair while ago now. I think Caltex probably have lost interest in E85.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think there are a few United sites around with E85, but I'm not going hunting for fuel anwhere that's outside where I'm travelling.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Only place I know of in Sydney for E85 is United at Victoria Rd Rydalmere, pretty sure the Caltex on the other side of Victoria Rd used to have it but I've noticed just recently that site is closed, maybe they are refurbing it, also Caltex near me on Gt Western Highway Girraween used to have it, but they dropped it a fair while ago now. I think Caltex probably have lost interest in E85.

Yes ugly block of units sold to overseas buyers. What used to be Caltex corporate (Chevron) has lost interest, but long story short the Star Mart franchise is a fantastic supporter, my preferred fuel spots for sure.

I think there are a few United sites around with E85, but I'm not going hunting for fuel anwhere that's outside where I'm travelling.

The advantage of using ethanol fuel under high compression does compel you to trek further than a quick squirt of imported turd spirit from the local pump, yes. But nah is not hard to get if you’re a man about town, yeah I roll up Tempe, Speedway, Drummoyne, Dee Why, Kirrawee, Moorebank, Penrith for my high octane love juice. Smells like Brut33 :cool:
There’s a few going north on the highway outside Sydney, Gosford Ourimbah has a couple. Then start of New England there’s Maitland but Glen Innes dried out up the track but Warwick still good. Newcastle has a couple but then nothing on M1 now Kempsey is dying with the bypass.
Thing is you really don’t need to have 85% ethanol in your tank to get the benefit, 30% ticks most of the boxes. So to get the most out of the fuel mix is actually best top the tank around half full mark and double service range.