Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it just me or?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
all brings me back to the same question.. is it worth it?
I am lucky enough to only have to face city traffic once or twice a week, but when I get into it, I just move into relax mode until I get where I am going. No point in ducking, weaving, shouting, cursing and fighting your way through traffic, just to save a few minutes.... better to pump up the sounds and just cruise for awhile.
I remember (vaguely, I am an old fart) sitting in lines of cars doing a slow cruise around town on a Saturday night... you guys must do something like it too I guess... just pretend its Saturday night and chill :)

This project of mine is just a mid life crisis thing.. my daily drive is a Kia Cerato :D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
all brings me back to the same question.. is it worth it?
I am lucky enough to only have to face city traffic once or twice a week, but when I get into it, I just move into relax mode until I get where I am going. No point in ducking, weaving, shouting, cursing and fighting your way through traffic, just to save a few minutes.... better to pump up the sounds and just cruise for awhile.
I remember (vaguely, I am an old fart) sitting in lines of cars doing a slow cruise around town on a Saturday night... you guys must do something like it too I guess... just pretend its Saturday night and chill :)

This project of mine is just a mid life crisis thing.. my daily drive is a Kia Cerato :D

FFS, who says people do it to get somewhere faster? Perhaps I just liek driving flat out everywhere I go?

All I remember in town as a youngen was doing skids in the main street of Geelong in a car that would been louder than a jet taking off and the police not giving 2 ####s.

Seriously..the brainwashing of people is amazing.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I remember doing the same thing. It was 30 some years ago and little has changed... but then, as now, it only ever happened when the time was right.. like there was no danger to anyone, we weren't likely to get in trouble or get our cars impounded. Did some silly things too of course, but never made myself into a traffic torpedo looking for a target. I love speed.. just as you get older you tend to fear the sudden impact at the end more. If I ever do manage to get killed in a car, I'd much rather run into my own personal tree than get T-Boned by you as you try to get one more light change further ahead.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I remember doing the same thing. It was 30 some years ago and little has changed... but then, as now, it only ever happened when the time was right.. like there was no danger to anyone, we weren't likely to get in trouble or get our cars impounded. Did some silly things too of course, but never made myself into a traffic torpedo looking for a target. I love speed.. just as you get older you tend to fear the sudden impact at the end more. If I ever do manage to get killed in a car, I'd much rather run into my own personal tree than get T-Boned by you as you try to get one more light change further ahead.

Ahh so now you are saying because i like to go fast you are going to get T-boned by me running a red light? The only way I will T-bone you is that your old fart arse will run a red light. :)

I highly doubt I will ever fear the sudden impact of stopping. Have been shot at multiple times, have shot at people multiple times, have been in situations you could never imagine. Dying because I am taking off flat out to the speed limit is far from my list of concerns :)

PS: thanks to the awesome HWP plodder earlier today :D

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
FFS, who says people do it to get somewhere faster? Perhaps I just liek driving flat out everywhere I go?

All I remember in town as a youngen was doing skids in the main street of Geelong in a car that would been louder than a jet taking off and the police not giving 2 ####s.

Seriously..the brainwashing of people is amazing.

This reminds me when I was working out in central west nsw, and the attitude of country cops and their take on the 'speed kills' thing.

Driving back from Sydney, the last 150km was flat and straight.

Heaps of people used to get pulled up by the coppers doing way over the 100km limit (people used to sit between 125km/hr - 150km/hr), and the most they copped was a 15 and under ticket.

I got done in central qld, again was doing 130km/hr and got a ticket for 15 and under. The copper just told me to take it easy.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I don't really have an issue with people who want to drive faster than the speed limit, providing they aren't putting myself and/or other motorists in danger or tailgating me....

However, if you want to break the speed limit, don't expect other motorists who are sticking to the posted speed limit to move out of the way for you. If you want to go faster than the speed limit, then it's up to you to find your way around the motorists who prefer to avoid receiving speeding infringement notices... Remember it's you who is choosing to break the law.

Most of us here have some sort of love affair with driving fast, but we've got to remember that we aren't the only motorists using the road.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I highly doubt I will ever fear the sudden impact of stopping. Have been shot at multiple times, have shot at people multiple times, have been in situations you could never imagine. Dying because I am taking off flat out to the speed limit is far from my list of concerns :)

Then you wont have to worry about becoming an old fart lmao