Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it normal??

Obx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
It seems that most, if not all, including myself that have had fuel problems have predominantly noticed poor cold starting with 98 of any brand, with few (if any) other symptoms.

There's a thread in the VE section on cold starting issues which includes the petrol theories.

How's the car starting after sitting overnight?

Sits in the garage all night..in the morning very ANGRY!!!!

Obx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
This seems a curious approach to the solution. If it is a fuel problem, what is the problem? Quality, fuel filter, pressure, injectors etc? Swapping fuels seems a waste of time unless you got a bad dose form one servo but you seem to have the same issues after changing fuels. Can't the tuner problem solve this rather than say change brands?

All they gave me is my car even though has 98 in it, it comes up running 91 petrol. Try new fuel first then go back and if problem fails and get them to service the damn thing while we there, even though its not due for a service yet.

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
JEEEEZ this is strange, as I just had my car tuned recently!! My car used to always get 7/11 Mobil supreme 98 fuel...till the tuner call me and goes bruh...what fuel ya using??? told him what's in it and he said its been rated at 93.6 RON....since using BP / SHELL 98 its a different car, feels much better then when it left the tuners shop, he told me after a few tanks of BP it could gain up to another 8kws.

Obx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
JEEEEZ this is strange, as I just had my car tuned recently!! My car used to always get 7/11 Mobil supreme 98 fuel...till the tuner call me and goes bruh...what fuel ya using??? told him what's in it and he said its been rated at 93.6 RON....since using BP / SHELL 98 its a different car, feels much better then when it left the tuners shop, he told me after a few tanks of BP it could gain up to another 8kws.

Running in my first tank of BP 98...hopefully Ill get the same benefits like you!! Do I need to change the fuel filter now since so much crap have been through it??? How much does it fuel filter costs??

Also my oxy sensors are brand new as they had to replace the old ones from the last exhaust..

Obx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Well,.....nearly the first tank of BP done and not sure if it's in my head but it does feel abit better. Hope after a few more tanks the car is running how it should. Everything cross!!!! Never knew fuel can be so annoying.

Obx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
OK, couple for tanks now, not sure it's in my head but it is running better. Much better response at take off. Not sure about economy as I've been giving it when and where I can. Question..after a tune what figures are people getting????? Before and after figures from others so I can compare how much power I'm missing out on..So I can go back to the tuners and complain later haha.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I got 260rwkw out of my SS (twin 3", 1 7/8 headers, VCM OTR, manual) on 7-11 98 fuel, and on the same fuel 330rwkw with a 232/234 114lsa cam added to the mix.