Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IS IT STUFFED or ARE THEY TRYING TO SCREW ME OVER

galerod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S/C Calais
A few weeks ago, I had exactly the same simptoms as you described in your first post. I was told by the RAC guy on the roadside, when it stopped, and I was concerned about it not going again; that it was the battery needed to be replaced ( I replaced the original BOSCH battery with a long life CAT battery in the months previous - he kept saying the problem was with the type of battery I was using - BULLSH*T). It goes to show that even the Roadside Assist people don't know everything.

The dash instruments were going haywire and showing ABS, CHECK ENGINE and other things not working when I turned on the lights etc...

I figured out on my own that it was a Voltage Regulator issue, as the symptoms occurred when the electrical load changed.

The best thing is to take it to an Auto Electrician and get him/her to check the output voltages when under load and off load coditions.

I hope this helps you

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Personally I would go to a good auto electrician over a holden Dealer. Ive found holden are more focused on selling things out of their spare parts inventory than diagnosing faults

Excellent advice. Holden are more focused around getting the car back to original running condition. This can sometimes mean replacing random parts that aren't really the issue just because it's specified in the dealer service guide.

An auto elec will sort it out no probs for you. There are good ones out there that work fairly and at a reasonable price so good luck finding one. Tip: they won't be at the Holden dealership