Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the genuine Holden VY SS Rear Muffler the same as the VY Monaro Rear Muffler?

Shambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series III CV8 & VE 3.0 Omega
Is the genuine Holden VY SS Rear Muffler the same as the VY Monaro Rear Muffler?
I can get a VY SS one to put on my VY Monaro (2003), are they the same part.
They look exactly the same, not sure of the dimentions though.
Thanks

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
do you mean the actual muffer?? or the rear section of the exhaust??

the muffler will probably be the same but if its the rear section, it will be longer from the ss, so the tips will stick out too far

Shambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
This bit. This is a VY SS one. It is a complete unit.

VYSS.jpg

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
The pipes seem to be coming out at a odd angle if it goes on a Monaro. Is yours a CV8R? That may be different due to the different placement of the fuel tank. That’s all I can think of really.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Why do you want the SS one? No different in sound or performance. Unless yours is stuffed.

Shambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why do you want the SS one? No different in sound or performance. Unless yours is stuffed.

I picked up a second hand cat back standard Holden exhaust off a 2003 Monaro the same as mine to go on my Monaro but found the rear muffler has a small hole in it.

I can get a new VY SS rear muffler cheap to make the whole system. That the only reason, the VY SS is available and cheap thats all.

I might even get the hole filled yet.

Like i said the Monaro one and the VY SS look exactly the same, its just a gamble if it fits cause im only looking at a photo with no measurements.

I rang Holden today and they went blank. They wanted the VIN cause apparently there a few exhaust combinations and it was all to hard for them to give me a definitive answer.

I just wanted to see if the part numbers cross over, but they weren't interested in helping.

Monaro one I have
photo.jpg

VY SS one I can get
VYSS.jpg

Last edited: