Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the race fixed? (aurion)

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
If only we could just still all drive VN / VP commodores.

Under 7.5sec with only 127kw :)

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
Does anyone have the video of this race? The Link no longer works, it just took me to a Toyota home page glorifying the Aurion.
It is a nice looking car but IMO it will never have that "look" that the BA XR6 and the SV6 have no matter which one is faster, I would be surprised if it beat the BF easily and who knows there are so many variables in races, one of the main variable being which car is being promoted.

Remember the add years ago (about 1999) when it showed a Camry beat a holden and Ford in acceleration but they were manual cars, if all autos back then the Holden and Ford would have hosed it........more TORQUE=WIN in most cases IMO anyway.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Well need 4 drivers to rent the 4 cars, then off to the local drag strip. Each with a full tank of fuel. Each car to get a total of 12 passes, each driver to get 3 passes in each car. Then compare time slips.

thats a good idea, ill take the aurion;)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
An engine that needs to rev it's tits off to get some power was just poor designing.

not really, its just the nature of an overhead cam engine, the vvt would also explain that little extra power at higher revs, please correct me, im probably wrong

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
toyota has tryed this before and failed carmys are for cartigan wearing old people who drive 10kmph below the speed limit i dont think holden/ford have anything to worry about

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
not really, its just the nature of an overhead cam engine, the vvt would also explain that little extra power at higher revs, please correct me, im probably wrong

Ok, so Ford has had OHC since the early 90's and they have always had good torque down low where it's needed. It was their stupid gearing with the 4sp auto that let them down.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, so Ford has had OHC since the early 90's and they have always had good torque down low where it's needed. It was their stupid gearing with the 4sp auto that let them down.

ok i was wrong, or is it more natured towards a v6 engine, the v6 in my parents avalon is like the alloytec, not much power down low but powers up in the top end

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
ok i was wrong, or is it more natured towards a v6 engine, the v6 in my parents avalon is like the alloytec, not much power down low but powers up in the top end

well it seems most V6's dont have the torque down low but have more of a bite at the top end. Mind you gearing also plays a part in how the car will perform.