Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the SV6 the way to go?

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Bad news first..
Fuel consumption is horrible in stop/start city traffic.
Towing large awkward trailers on the highway is just horrible. Normally I get about 8-10L/100kms on the highway. When towing a large trailer in town its pretty good still but on the highway I was averaging more than 20L/100km.

But..

I've had my SV6 since February 2008 and I always enjoy driving it. Looks great, insurance is cheaper than XR6's on the same age, and it goes great too. Fuel economy is great if you are constantly moving at any speed.
I wrote the MCAI/2 hole mod thread and you can't get much better bang for buck with total cost at around $20 and a great induction sound.

As a fellow auto driver - get a manual!

Holden_Man

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Berlina
Thanks for all the great comments and advice everyone. I appreciate your time. For physical reasons a manual is not an option. Whatever we end up with it will be an auto.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Another nice model in the VZ range is the SVZ sedan there a limited edition, only have the 175KW motor but still a nice looking car. I saw a nice black one but ended up getting the VY as it was only $11k as opposed to $20k but the VZ was 2 years old, mint with only 30,000km on it.