Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the VZ and VY SV8 oil filter change the same process?

*BMC*

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY - SV8 (series II)
Hi all,

Done oil changes before - good times once you find the motivation - which is not too hard when you save on the labour and know for sure you have done a top job!

Anyway - been reading the forums and are are little bit confused as I am new to holdens.

I have a VY SV8 Commodore (Series II) and I am not sure about the filter change. As per the VZ posts the filter is in the engine bay by the rocker covers and not under the car - is this the same case for the VY or am I back to the "old School" and are getting under the car to find the filter like most other people?

(Re-posted in this section as I am not sure if people read the historic VZ oil change posts too often)

Many thanks,

Blair

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The LS/V8 oil filter is one of the best positioned ones around, underneath and oil drops straight into your container with minimal mess.

vysute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 Utility 2004
yeah under car. @surfwagon, don't you worry buddy i still found a way to make a massive mess!