Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a Dr Phil in the house ?? Big read, hope you enjoy.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
The term polish NOW, largely thanks to flooding of the market with crap, can basically refer to any exterior process on the car that isn't washing.

If that's the case then people really are idiots.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not idiots. Misinformed in this instance. With all the crap marketing going around, and not just from over-the-counter style products either, it's easy to get sucked in or mislead as to a product's purpose, quality or ability. Very few live up to the advertising hype. If they did, Meguiars would have a monopoly! Take the contrast between most 'swirl removal' products vs what they actually do, for instance. It's not what it says on the pack!

Most waxes or paint sealants would have people believing they can take their manky, oxidised '76 volvo single stage red, give it a quick once over with wax and the paint will be good as new. Not going to happen. Ever.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
You don't need to tell me mate. :) I actually have a couple of trophies for paint preparation and concourse presentation. :)

Scream

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 08
Just wondering if Rufys and Troy wanna come for a drive to Brissy for a BBQ and a car cleaning session. :D

Teach me the ways of the Padowan oh great ones. :rockon:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I just bought some of that Wolfs stuff from CCP. So if I do need to polish would Autoglym Super Resin polish do me any favors after a clay barring?

Polishing by hand? It's a decent paint cleanser. PITA by machine though - very little cut also, so don't expect any correction from it. But it will be fine at removing light oxidation, water marks and the like. It does fill also, but obviously the fillers will fall out over time. Could also go with the Dodo Lime Prime as it's a similar product - I don't use many of these products but both will strip old wax and help clear oxidation and water marks.

If you have a DA then the Menz sampler is decent value - You'll just need something to clear the polishing oils after before using the Wolfs gear.

Make sure you go for a fine grade clay - particularly if you're not machine polishing after - it will cause the least amount of marring.

EDIT.. it's late - my head's not working - you'll need to wipe the paint over with IPA or prepsol anyway before using the Wolfs Body Wrap - it needs to bond directly to the paint - so if you feel the paint could do with a chem cleanse, then go for it - but wipe down prior to applying the body wrap. If you don't go for the chem cleanse, you'll still need to wipe down before applying the body wrap.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
****, less than 24 hours after ordering the body wrap turned up! Impressive.

I'll post back with some more Qs later, closer to car cleaning day.

Edit: one quick question. That stuff is a sealant right? So wax first after clay and then apply Wolfs? Or wash, clay, grease and wax remover and the Wolfs?

Last edited:

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sealant is always the LAST step mate.