Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is there a point having a nice car?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I love to have a law brought in to hit scum like this where it really hurts. Something like take or break two of their possessions for every one of ours.

Yesterday afternoon my wife was visiting someone. So ****wits broke off the drivers side mirror and then sped off. It's a 91 Laser but thats beside the point. It's OUR car and not someone elses. We work damn hard and paid cash money for it. Why should someone else think they can do what they want to it.

saber

Reaction score
Members Ride
None - At the moment :)
I was wondering the same thing. Next year when I will start working full time I will be able to afford a new car. But incidents like this really turn me off. You work hard, and them some punk creates mindless damage to your pride and joy. Unfortunately there is little respect for each others property these days, maybe I should stick my XF with half-million kays, at least I don't get (as) angry if that gets damaged.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
you might be lucky enough to have it panel beated out, then again ... hmm

My bonnet got hit by a golf ball sized rock thrown from an overpass on the motorway. Im thankful it didnt hit the windscreen and was happier to hear the bastards got arrested about 3 weeks later, but Im ****ed at where it did hit because at cost im looking at a $500 repair bill. It hit just above the headlight, which means the reinforcement has to be removed, the dent beated out, reinforcement welded back in, then whole thing painted and blended in. It couldve at least hit the damn headlight, I have a spare set sitting here from when I upgraded to the SV6 lights. woulda been cheaper to replace the headlight too :whistling

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i really hate this crap. but on the upside maybe an excuse to get fluted guards if you like em.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
chers for the comments guys. fluted vents would be nice but i kinda like the smooth sleeper-look, it has no badges of kit to give away the V8. but might give me an excuse to get rid of the spoiler while its in a panel beater. if there mixin the paint anyways....

rpurser

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec Wagon
im with the others mate, sorry to hear. i stayed at my now ex-gf's place and after we went to sleep at like 2, i woke at 6 to see a huge dent in my bonnet from where someone had jumped right in the middle, even broke the engine cover and somehow bent and snapped the front bumper. y they did it cant be explained. sorry mate but its just life

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Comes with the territory im afraid,i sold a car i had once just because somebody spat on it.I was so fed up with stressing about where i parked it,if i could see it,etc etc.Just had enough,drove a bomb for a while but got straight back into it again.
I had a 66 Pontiac that was a 3 times Summernats entrant and that got doused with brake fluid.It had just been done and tried to save it but was too late.I got a full respray out of it but it still ****es you off.PS i knew who did it and revenge was sweet.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Although I haven't had anything bad happen to my car. I hate the idea of being careful with where I park it etc etc etc. I've decided I'm selling up and buying a cheap run about.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
my mates dad had one of the first BA GT-Ps in NSW a few years back, back when they were rare on the road, and he used to park it in the library 15 minute drop off zone parking, and stand there and watch it when he took the family shopping!!! Sucks to think you cant have a nice car because some low life will damage it.