Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is there a size difference between the chassis rail in the engine bay?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy v6 manual ute
hi guys ,I was wondering if there is a size difference in the engine bay chassis rail between the v6 an v8? as I'm having trouble fitting a new set of extractors :-(

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
What brand? When I installed my extractors(wildcat) I had to get her up high and unbolt and let the steering rack hang down out of the way and install them from underneath

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy v6 manual ute
actually have no idea wat brand they r but each side splits in 2, I got one bit on but there's not enough room between the first pipe an the chassis on pass side to fit the second bit in plus the starter motor looks too close to them too
IMG_1684.jpg

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
actually have no idea wat brand they r but each side splits in 2, I gotsc one bit on but there's not enough room between the first pipe an the chassis on pass side to fit the second bit in plus the starter motor looks too close to them too
View attachment 166050

Ah I get ya you may large style bosch stater motor in that case you can change it the smaller version n starter I got it from veales approx $150 need to also change to 2 long bolts which you can get from holden just ask for starter motor bolts to suit vt holden 5l. So your putting the 2nd bit in trying taking off the starter and see if they fit they fit. Or maybe you have extractors to suit a older commodore with vn heads?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy v6 manual ute
lolwell after a lot of stuffing around hubby finally got it but had to lift the engine up an drop the steering gear just to fit it in and had to push them up from underneath on the drivers side aswell as unbolt the engine mount too. lol no wonder they charge so much to put em in ggrrr

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
To answer your original question, no difference, that would make producing the car extremely expensive.