Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a way to remove rear springs without a spring compressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Sorry, Didnt realize girls cant be mates in aussie.

This is getting stupid. I was just pointing out that forum members were overly harsh on the guy when all he did was ask for suggestions on how to remove his springs and pointing out that he didnt have the necessary tools for the job. Now, as usual, the forum mentality kicks in.

fixed.....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sorry, Didnt realize girls cant be mates in aussie.

This is getting stupid. I was just pointing out that forum members were overly harsh on the guy when all he did was ask for suggestions on how to remove his springs and pointing out that he didnt have certain tools. Now, as usual, the forum mentality kicks in.

Which mentality is that mate? If you're going to do a job, you should do it right, and with the correct tools. None of this half arsed stuff. Especially when it comes to safety. Stop acting like everybody on this forum is just out looking for a fight. They're not. It's when the OP comes back and throws the good, sensible advice back in the face of those trying to help them that it becomes unappreciated.

Simple solution is, if you dont like the way the forum runs take your sanitary pads with you and logout and dont come back.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
i must admit. i have asked for help to do things the dodgy way on here. and like the OP i got shot down in a blaze of shame. there is a right and a wrong way to do things.
and i have done things the dodgy way to. i mean swapping trans out of my wrecker into my car without so much as a trolley jack.

what i am getting at is if you want to risk your neck then feel free, i have done in the past. but toughen up and listen to the people on here. believe it or not most of the members have some very good advice. you will always find someone who has done it every way possible. and if they say to you that you need something, you need it. dont make the same mistake i did when i first got on here and throw their advice back in their faces, it doesnt go down to well and in the future when you need more advice, you might be left asking yourself why you didnt get any replys on your thread.
the answer will be that you have ailenated all the members to the point where they cant be bothered with you.

/end rant

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Simple solution is, if you dont like the way the forum runs take your sanitary pads with you and logout and dont come back.

Mate, I think your maybe confusing me with clairbear. Shes the one posting so proudly about having a vagina. I dont. Im a boy. I dont think i need to explain the difference.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Which mentality is that mate? If you're going to do a job, you should do it right, and with the correct tools. None of this half arsed stuff. Especially when it comes to safety. Stop acting like everybody on this forum is just out looking for a fight. They're not. It's when the OP comes back and throws the good, sensible advice back in the face of those trying to help them that it becomes unappreciated.

And clearly, half the members of this forum are out looking for a fight. There are much better ways to suggest somebody go out and buy some stands than the "You are a child and shouldnt be allowed to work on cars, drive, or be on the internet for asking a question so stupid."

The negative comments are what im getting at. Im not saying that he should be working under an unsupported car, but rather that the negative comments that I see a lot of members making are what puts new members off these kinds of sites and puts them off the hobby in general. I should have probably explained that fully in my first post in this thread, but its something i thought a lot of other members had picked up on also.

ripper6

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs acclaim
Anyway like I said thanks for the help, I got the springs out so all you other ####s that had a go at me suck my #### and good day. why dont you feel big and ban me ? everyone that helped me out and gave me a straight answer thanks heaps it got the job done.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Anyway like I said thanks for the help, I got the springs out so all you other ####s that had a go at me suck my #### and good day. why dont you feel big and ban me ? everyone that helped me out and gave me a straight answer thanks heaps it got the job done.

i dont need to ban you to feel big, so i'll just give you an infraction :D

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
And clearly, half the members of this forum are out looking for a fight. There are much better ways to suggest somebody go out and buy some stands than the "You are a child and shouldnt be allowed to work on cars, drive, or be on the internet for asking a question so stupid."

The negative comments are what im getting at. Im not saying that he should be working under an unsupported car, but rather that the negative comments that I see a lot of members making are what puts new members off these kinds of sites and puts them off the hobby in general. I should have probably explained that fully in my first post in this thread, but its something i thought a lot of other members had picked up on also.

Theyre new members, in my eyes what better time to teach them safe working habits. Better they learn early, then learning about jack stands when you're doing a fuel filter and a wheel ends up on your chest. Its not about going off at the new guy, its not about looking for a fight, its about making sure the hobby we love isnt cast in the wrong light (again) because someone died changing his springs because a bloke on a forum said peices of wood were perfectly fine.

Hot tip, bricks shatter, wood splits and jacks can leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.