Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is there info for converting a 6ltr to a vk

forhuksake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 & VS EX-COP
i have read that a lot of people have done it or wanted to do it but theres no real info on it(parts, ect). i want to convert a 6ltr with a auto trans to a vk, now has anyone done this? i would like the help,were do i start and were there any problems?, and im thinking of putting a carby on it and getting rid of the injections system and computer altogether.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i'd love to do it to mine but anyway one or two people i think have done it on here ( don't think they log on much though ) you'd have better luck on the LS1 forums and also why convert it to carby??

Reaction score
Castelmain rod shop do a kit, the biggest prob is that the starter is on the drivers side. You will either need to get a set of custom extractors made or spend the $1600 and buy the starter motor kit that swaps it over to the pass side... also avail from Castlemain rod shop.
Leave the injection on it. You will get more power, increase driveability,cheaper, and even better economy.
There is a tone of places out there that can reprogram the ecu for you.