Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this anti-abuse/ torque management?

99.vs.man

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs ute
I have a 6sp thunder v6 ute and although many people say manuals dont have this my ute dies between 2-5 seconds into a burnout/ break job. This happened every time i tried while on a slab at a mates farm. If this is the torque management where would be my best option to get it removed and does anyone have a rough idea on price?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Yea sounds like it, cost is around 900 for tune

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
yeh sounds exactly like what i had. it cost me $900 to tune and get it removed

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Before I got a tune, I could rip a skid on the skid pan with no problems. I seem to have more problems doing a skid charged now with torque management from the trans though. But it's all about throttle position, if I flat foot the gas, it won't do a burnout properly, but if I use only half throttle it will smoke. And also brake application. I only skid at the track though, not worth the risk to other drivers on the road with inexperienced drivers IMO

99.vs.man

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs ute
Cheers boys. I dont tend to skid on the street either for that reason and because i want my car to remain driveable. Do either of you know where in sydney i can get a tune and if i get one will it only remove the torque management or will they be able to change other things to bring out a bit more power ect?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Castle hill performance is one of the best alloytec tuners in Sydney. Just ask for dale, and ask for a tune and remove torque management

99.vs.man

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs ute
bit of a drive but im sure its worth it. ill give him a call. Thanks for the help mate

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
There are other options, mace engineering do a mail order tune for less than 500, haven't heard any bad reviews