Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this enough damge to be classed as a repairable write off ?

Pitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
:rolleyes: How much ?

Pitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Sorry i didn't mention the car had been repaired.

$10,500

67k on the clock.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/...000~1&silo=Stock&sort=default&eapi=2&__N=1216

it's already registered, so it must have passed a VIV yeah ?.

Plus it has a current RWC.

I'm still baffled as to why an insurance company would write it off just for the damage shown in the photos, unless it's been in another crash, which is what i'm afraid of.

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
nah, they sometimes write off cars just cos'. if its been viv'd then go for it. mind you insurance quotes will be higher for this car than another car of the same make/model/build just cos' its been viv'd.

insurance companies and the govt want cars scrapped. it helps the economy roll on.

Mbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS statesman
where is the car? beause in vic its alot harder to get a viv than say S.A.

also an insurane ompany wouldnt write that off no way! not even the slightest chance.

if it had suspention damage then they would second guess it but unless you speak to the assessor you really cant be sure.

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
due to the fact that the car is still damaged, that's not the damage the car took to get written off.

stay away from repaired write offs, they're ALWAYS slapped up for sale. it'll be $10k off heartache.

just to clear it up, i'm a qualified spraypainter, so i'm not talking outta my arse, just don't wanna see someone throw there money away. :)

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
due to the fact that the car is still damaged, that's not the damage the car took to get written off.

stay away from repaired write offs, they're ALWAYS slapped up for sale. it'll be $10k off heartache.

just to clear it up, i'm a qualified spraypainter, so i'm not talking outta my arse, just don't wanna see someone throw there money away. :)

Your a nice guy.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.