Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this legal here?

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
His license plate is obscured.......

They use those on the motorway units, especially around the Harbour bride, if a car stops on the bridge the cops will push it off, even if only a flat tyre as there isn't anywhere safe to stop and change it
Coppers go of different laws to us, they get laws changed to suit them, I always take pictures of mobile speed vans because there tint is so dark, iam using it as some sort of back up if I get done for mine. I'd love to hear the excuse for that one. "We use it for safety reasons" how? So we can't see you dirty buggers hiding in the back? What a disgrace, here they are raising revenue but don't want to follow rules. I don't want to either now, is that fair?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Police enforce the law, they don't change anything.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Coppers go of different laws to us, they get laws changed to suit them, I always take pictures of mobile speed vans because there tint is so dark, iam using it as some sort of back up if I get done for mine. I'd love to hear the excuse for that one. "We use it for safety reasons" how? So we can't see you dirty buggers hiding in the back? What a disgrace, here they are raising revenue but don't want to follow rules. I don't want to either now, is that fair?

Yeah but that's like saying I saw a cop doing 140 chasing after someone. Since they're breaking the speed limit Im gonna load up on some coke and booze and do a 350 metre long burnout while waving a shotgun out the window.

It just won't work out for you. Lol

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport

Feel free to record it when you try that one on.........

Most cars have a factory privacy tint now so most likely their tint is entirely legal.

Sent from my HTC One

Brents_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE Ute
A bit of padding on the front of the VE nudge bar would make it enormously more practical for me in traffic:
hu2eqagy.jpg

Hehe new push-car at the speedway!!

Invergarry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
It looks like the NZ Cops, I think they have those. Across the ditch have weird things, and sometimes very practical...lol

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Feel free to record it when you try that one on.........

Most cars have a factory privacy tint now so most likely their tint is entirely legal.

Sent from my HTC One
Factory privacy tint. That's a good one, exactly my point, law changed to suit them. Why couldn't I get 20% tint from Holden? I did tell them I didn't want any film at all in the windows when I picked the car up as it would only cost me more to rip of the 35 when I change it to 20. He told me that even the police aren't allowed anything over 35% I Beleive him because I did a bit of window tinting and 35% is the darkest legally. So if they have got "privacy" tint, why, so you cant see the cop in the back and think its a plain van, that's safety is it? Sounds more like revenue raising to me. You can't force a law and not follow it yourself. Bit hypocritical you ask me. Same as when I got done for my green parkers. I've driven past heaps of patrol cars with them on AND even gone through a booze bust, and the copper even took my licence and used my green light to read my licence. Why wasn't I booked then? Then randomly pulled over by he patrol telling me it's illegal to use those lights, I explained to him what I just said to you guys and his reply was "not all officers are going to know all the rules, hw patrol knows more about traffic offences than normal police. Geez that's fair, can't enforce laws if you don't know them and then expect people to automatically know its illegal. And what makes me even more angry over the issue , is that I even asked a officer before I put the lights in and the answer was "any color is fine aslong as its not blue or red being emergency colors. Sounds reasonable, ohh how wrong was I? This is why I have no respect for the government that runs this fine country, they couldn't even tie the shoe laces

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
It's a mod from the factory. If your car came with it they can't do ****. Most of the ritzy cars come with it, hell even the partners lancer has it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there something about them changing what tint is allowed for back windows due to so many cars now having the privacy tint? Not sure if they were just debating it or what. I'm sure someone else could shed some light on the subject

Sent from my HTC One

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
It's actually not privacy 'tint', it's just glass, no tint on it at all. It will not help prevent uv rays like tint does