Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this repair standard acceptable?

zedda

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exe.
Evening all. So I picked up my car last week from the panel beaters. On first glance it appears to look not bad at all, until I checked it again on a dry & sunny day.
1st pic, repair was new skin /repaint whole front door. (they didn't bother to do the door handle!)
2nd pic, smudge mark UNDER clear coat!
3rd & subsequent pics, bottom edge of door not aligned enough with rear door in relation to skirt/sill.
If your car was returned to you like this, would you accept it or demand it be redone to a higher standard?

Attachments

• phot5.jpg
    phot5.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 342
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 348
  • phot3.jpg
    phot3.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 330
  • phot 2.jpg
    phot 2.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 306
  • photo 12.jpg
    photo 12.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 294
  • phot4.jpg
    phot4.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 312

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Take it back to them mate, they may tell you to go away but just tell them your not happy with work....if they are an approved repairer threaten to take the work to the assessors and see what they say

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
take it back to them, tell them you want it how it was off the showroom floor, if they argue in the slightest call the assessor..

Low06VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK HSV Grange #120
Also depends on your insurance company to mate. If it was done that way, some companies offer a lifetime warranty on repairs, and they have to be done to YOUR standard. Don't be afraid to take it back to them. I got my xr8 repaired after it was keyed and there was some run marks in the paint. It did take another week for them to repair it but i refused to accept it until it had been rectified.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
I've had mine back 3 times getting things changed that I wasn't happy with after a respray. Not had one issue with the repairer , they have been happy to help as they want the referral business .

You've come on here and said about fixing it and should you stand for it... At the end of the day your obviously not happy so therefore take it back. They might be nice about it and you've stressed yourself over nothing.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Something I will do next time is inspect the car before I move it anywhere.

Bit hard to prove they munted your front bumper after you drove it home and back : /

King diddy calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais 05 Alloytec 190 with a secret mod
As the other fella's said, take it back. Get them to fix the mistake that they made, you pay BIG MONEY to get a panel beater to touch your car, you should expect nothing but a near perfect job, that looks like an apprentice or a back-yarder! especially that smudge, they cant go pin that on you. Best of luck.

matt-chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
That's shocking. Near enough is never good enough. If you can tell it's been fixed, it's not actually fixed.