Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues when locking vehicle

JSolo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Vf Sv6 utility
Hi All , This may sound silly but my ute was locking perfectly as set up on the touchscreen until on the weekend when I opened the hardlid whilst the car was running by using unlock on the keys.
Now the car does not lock by itself when everything is shut (8secs) regardless of setting and if I use the key fob to lock it has an audible alarm of two beeps. A check finds all doors and hardlid are locked and no key is inside.
Touching the button on doors locks the car as normal no audible beeps.
I have reset back to factory setting in Configurations and also consulted cars manual but nothing changes despite turning off all audible locking.
Has anyone got any ideas .
Very confusing.
Thankyou Jamie new to the group

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the key might not be getting identified correctly.
check that the keys battery is good if you dont know then just replace it.

if that does not work try go into the vehicle settings and turn off "personalization by driver" then start the vehicle and turn it back on and go through the settings and set it up how you like then stop the vehicle.
while out of the vehicle lock it and unlock it to see if the settings are persisting.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Is the steering wheel lock locking when you open the drivers door?

JSolo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Vf Sv6 utility
the key might not be getting identified correctly.
check that the keys battery is good if you dont know then just replace it.

if that does not work try go into the vehicle settings and turn off "personalization by driver" then start the vehicle and turn it back on and go through the settings and set it up how you like then stop the vehicle.
while out of the vehicle lock it and unlock it to see if the settings are persisting.
I don't think it's the key battery as one key is brand new and same issue regardless which one is used.
I am feeling like a sensor thinks a door or something is open. Checked hardlid and connections yesterday and all seems correctAlso I have turned off the car many times and changed settings none of this works.

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
How old is the car battery? Is it still serviceable.

There are plenty threads on this forum where a battery on the way out causes electrical problems that normally don't make sense. In my case, my instrument cluster would not hold the nightime illumination level I had set it to. It always changed randomly. Changed the battery and the problem was solved. The battery was 5 years old and passed the battery test at a few shops. I replaced it out desperation and the problem was resolved.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
No it isn't? Strange should it
That's what triggers to turn off the radio and shutdown the car. I noticed now it's warmer in Melbourne my car is taking longer to lock the steering once the door is opened. I would say the drivers door lock is on the way out as that is the only thing that can cause this. Holden changed my steering lock once but I mentioned the radio didn't always go off the the service guy sort of said I do my job and you go away and do your job. Rude pirck.......