Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with new key and central locking

impostervt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
I got a new key from my local miller scott, they copied the code over and gave me instructions to " code the central locking". Followed them to the t. It locked and unlocked once with the new key fob and nothing. What can i do? Will the key programs supercheap sell help me?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Was the old key working (does it still work)? If you manually unlock the doors can you start the engine with the new key?

impostervt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Old key didnt unlock the doors with the buttons. Both keys start the car. I even bought a keyhead programmer from supercheap... that key wont unlock anything either. But all 3 start it.... new one worked once then nothing.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You may have a faulty remote receiver module or a faulty BCM. Other forum members may be able to give you better advice based on their experiences.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what happens if you sit in car with doors closed and with keys removed from ignition and push lock button on drivers door

impostervt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Everything locks like normal... every so often the doors will unlock woth the button on both the old amd new key. Thinking maybe sensors shot