Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Its a little warm today

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
It's either less aircon or none at all. Some places can't avoid it.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i dislike those people who have a/c at work, all we have is 2 industrial fans that blow the hot air around. working in tin sheds is not fun

I agree i work in a big tin shed in our welding bay it was 50+ degrees at times and you cant have fans as it blows away your sheilding gas. Work been nice and decided we will start earlier and finish earlier.

Also along with being the hottest place in world i heard on the radio that melbourne would have the highest electricity demand (per person) than anywhere else in the world.

Also the train problem is hardly connex fault most problems stem form almost 30 year old carriages (and air conditioners included) and an ageing rail network

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
trains and trams stopped as tracks buckled.

Adelaide hottest place on earth today.

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
And what shits me is (not saying "they" did it), but those ****ing idiots who start bushfires on purpose for the thrill of it.

I don't understand the thrill of potentially killing people, animals and beautiful bushland etc, and i especially don't understand why they don't care that CFA volunteer's risk their own health and safety to put these fires out, protect people, homes and animals etc.

Sick ****s. I believe if arsonists that are caught, they should die in amidst their own pleasure. Burn the bastards. Let's see if they like fire as kuch once their bodies are engulfed in it.

correct. my missus' lives in a place prone to firebugs. so much dry grass out here its not funny. first summer ive spent here, im constantly nervous about the fact there is fire bugs around. a fire was lit near here less than a month ago, and 2 really bad ones this time a year ago.

also a small one was lit today but they extinguished it quickly enough.

29.4 degrees here at work with the air con going flat out. 42 outside. Not looking forward to the drive home as the air con drive belt snapped on my car this morning and i'm too lazy to replace it in this heat!! And opening the windows is no good - it's just like having a massive hairdryer pointing at you then!

well, thats one less belt that can squeel on a ford.. ahaha

WK Woody

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WK Caprice + VK berlina
All my mates in the construction industry got to go home early today. Being a maintenance electricician I had to run around chasing heat-related faults around the plant and fixing air conditioners for whinging office workers! :bang:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
People always whinge that road workers, builders etc get to pack up and go home, but they keep fogetting....... THOSE PEOPLE DON'T GET PAID FOR THE TIME THEY DON'T WORK!

I'd rather stay at work, sweat it out and make my money.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
What do you do for a living Cobez?

I packed up and went home today. Start earlier the next morning. You don't get anything done in this sort of heat anyway. Not to mention its dangerous.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
trains and trams stopped as tracks buckled.

Adelaide hottest place on earth today.

yep, we ended up sending a centre email advising all staff of the closures.... *sigh* yay for no train home :(

I REALLY miss my car & licence atm :(